We booked lodge through Groupon.( And we got our money back full refund) Worst place I have ever seen on arrival told lodge not ready,and we could have afternoon tea in conservatory I think waiter used to work at faulty towers, his hands shook so much he nearly dropped cups etc.
Three cups four of us ! Waited over an hour, then we had to ask if lodge was ready.
Eventually told we had a upgrade to three bed lodge. Would have been nice to have extra bedroom, but bunk beds for over 50's? On arrival at lodge found steps broken, hot tub outside with broken cover and half full of dirty water and leaves.
Opened door to lodge .Well the smell of damp ! you would not believe, water ingress on two walls of lounge area.
Electrical heaters damaged not safe to use (believe me I am a electrician definately not P.A.T. tested).
Airing cupboard had vermin bait in it and smelled as if someone had urinated in it.
Kitchen cupboard also had vermin bait in it (lovely).
Dishwasher had probably never been cleaned.
Bathrooms disgusting,definately not fit for purpose.
Overall not a place we would wish to stay, so we didn't.
Complained at reception, think we would have got our upgrade £40 back until the very arogant manager arrived and said he would not give refund of any money.
Lucky for us we booked though Groupon, took a little while but eventully we had a full refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally