Like many others, got lured into taking a three night deal to say here at the motorcycle show but of course had to take an upgrade to an apartment for an extra £75. Place very tired and in need of upgrading. Apartment layout very strange with bath and toilet actually in the bedroom upstairs! The downstairs shower room virtually flooded every morning as there was no shower door/curtain. Housekeeping very poor - only got the bed spread up every day nothing else done and shower gell etc not replaced.
As you are in the middle of nowhere you are virtually obliged to eat there and this is very hit and miss. The first evening we had to send back the starters and one of the main courses. On two occasions at breakfast we had the wrong orders and were well aware that a lady seated next to us waited over 25 minutes for her breakfast which never arrived despite making several complaints. Most of the staff are foreign and very new to the place and while they try hard, the level of service is awful at times.
Worst of all is the price of the drink - £5.50 for a nip of the least expensive malt! They are having a laugh but I guess this is the strategy - lure you to the place for three days with a cheap deal then fleece you for food and expensive drink.
Lovely location but overall very disappointing - would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally