Like other reviewers booked on spec at a travel show as the rate was good so not expecting too much especially after reading earlier reviews. We were pleasantly surprised however at the standard of the hotel and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and could not fault the value for what we paid. Can't comment on the lodges but the hotel rooms have obviously been updated and were clean and comfie if a bit old fashioned in terms of furniture but this suited the traditional style. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed all our food at both breakfast and dinner. The staff were all friendly and helpful, some less experienced than others but all trying hard and very pleasant. A fun after dinner session in the bar sampling the wide selection of malts. Good luck to the new manager -I am sure it will go from strength to strength.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally