I booked a lodge at portsonachan for the weekend of the 12/13 may 2014 for 5 adults.
When we arrived it was apparent from the moment we arrived at the lodge that the standard was well below that of what was advertised, the lodge was in a state od disrepair and not very clean, there was a musty smell
the furniture was in a sorry state most of it was marked or was broken, the fridge had masking tape inside to separate the compartments , the flooring was ripped in various places and was a trip hazard for the occupants.
I spoke to the manager who had only been there for 3 weeks, he offered us a free drink which we declined, he said he would speak to the owners and get back to us, it has been 2 weeks now and I have hears nothing despite calling the manager on 2 separate occasions, I also left my contact details and requested a full refund.
We decided after only 3 hours that we did not want to stay in the lodge and drove home, this trip was a complete waste of my time not to mention my fuel, it is apparent that the owner of these lodges does not care about his customers and is only interested in getting your money.
I will never visit these lodges again and would advise anyone to reconsider before the book in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally