Having read some very negative reviews we wondered what to expect at this country hotel and were pleasantly surprised to find it was not half as bad as some reviews lead us to believe. The staff were welcoming and although few were 'locals' they all spoke excellent English. We were made welcome and the 'brown water' clearly explained. (As we had stopped for lunch at Loch Fyne on the way we had already come across this phenomena at a very reputable restaurant and I believe it is common in that area.) We made use of the free bottled water was provided in all rooms.The range of food on offer was quite extensive for a small hotel and everything we ate was very tasty at reasonable prices. Our room was clean and comfortable. I understand some refurbishment is taking place and there is certainly room for improvement but at the price we paid we felt it was reasonable value and much better than expected. The stunning views make up for the small shortfalls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, with restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Portsonachan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portsonachan Hotel And Lodges On Loch Awe
- Portsonachan Hotel Dalmally
- Portsonachan Resort Dalmally