We stayed at the Springfield for 3 nights in March 2013.
Although Danielle wasn't there to greet us, there is a sign up advising newcomers how to contact her and a phone with which to ring her. It transpired she was actually just outside when we arrived and she is lovely and very helpful!
The room itself was a good size. We had room 3 and in this room didn't experience any of the problems that some other reviewers had noted previously. The bed was really comfortable with good bedding and the feather pillows were better than ours at home!
The breakfasts were excellent (the sausage in particular was lovely) and cooked freshly to order. There were other options as well, such as porridge and cereals or fresh fruit (in addition to the full English if required) but we didn't try these.
The two things I would note (and these are only minor items) were that when we returned in the afternoons, the room could be quite cold. The heating obviously came on later as when we returned after dinner the room was very warm, but a bit of heating at around 4-5pm would have been nice as it was pretty cold whilst we were there!
The other minor thing was that when the room was advertised with Sky, I didn't realise it just meant the freeview channels. As it transpired, we hardly switched it on, but I did find it a bit misleading.
Finally, I didn't realise until we arrived that cards are not accepted. Cash only (although there is a cashpoint literally two doors away)... it wasn't a problem for us but it is handy to know in advance.
All in all it was a great stay. Rothbury is a quiet town, but it has some nice little places to eat and was a good base for touring Northumberland. We would definitely not hesitate to use this guest house again if we were looking for somewhere to stay in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springfield Guest House is a three story Victorian townhouse. We have six large en suite rooms. Bed and breakfast starts at a very reasonable price. We have double, twin and family rooms which can sleep up to five persons. We are located right in the centre of beautiful Rothbury, an ideal base to visit the whole of Northumberland. We have off street parking and cycle storage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Springfield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springfield Guest House Hotel Rothbury
- Springfield Guest House Rothbury, Northumberland