If I had visited here looking for something cheap and cheerful, I would be writing about this guest house's central location and spacious bedrooms.
Visiting it on a walking holiday, my impressions were very different.
Each day, our luggage was moved on for us to await our arrival. When we arrived here we were alarmed to find our four suitcases unsecured and unguarded, with no member of staff on the premises for several hours. We had booked twin rooms, which meant two of us got comfy double beds, and two got good-sized fold-out beds - not ideal after a day's walking. We had been told there would be baths - one room had no bath, the other had a bath but no plug. When we raised this issue, we were told others had complained about this before us - but we didn't get a plug.
As we left the next morning, we heard other guests being told they couldn't have anything to eat as breakfast was over. They reasonably asked how they could have known this with no member of staff on the premises to greet them when they arrived?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springfield Guest House is a three story Victorian townhouse. We have six large en suite rooms. Bed and breakfast starts at a very reasonable price. We have double, twin and family rooms which can sleep up to five persons. We are located right in the centre of beautiful Rothbury, an ideal base to visit the whole of Northumberland. We have off street parking and cycle storage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Springfield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springfield Guest House Hotel Rothbury
- Springfield Guest House Rothbury, Northumberland