“Charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rothbury
Katerina's Guest House
Ranked #8 of 12 Rothbury B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Charming”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Excellent. Not disappointed, reviews accurate. Good location. Room 2 Bed comfortable. Good tiling in bathroom. Charming property and owners ! Porridge unforgettable. Forgot to ask for recipe for wonderful home made bread !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6Cassy9, Owner at Katerina's Guest House, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Hi,
Today is September 6th 2012 and I've only just discovered that I can respond to my TripAdvisor reviews and how to actually do it!
I want to thank you for the very nice comments you made about Katerina's Guest House.
Tip - contact me directly and I might just pass on my secret bread recipe - or better still, call again, re-experience the taste and I'll give you it in person!
Many thanks,
Cheerio, Cath - (The technical dinosaur!)

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Switzerland
Reviewed 8 August 2012

It is a very beautiful old house with its own atmosphere, with narrow passages and small rooms, but the rooms are so beautiful and lovely decorated and very individual. The whole thing is individual indeed, because both owners are quite special characters and you don't just stay at their home - you somehow immerse into their way of life. They are very friendly and full of humour but not obtrusive. On our arrival, they switched on the heating because it was a cool and rainy day - very nice gesture. The room was very clean and nice, there was fresh cake everyday in our room - everyday a different one - and s small fridge which was very comfortable, too. The breakfasts were very good, the whisky porridge was way better than in Scotland, a real delight. We would come again without any doubts and would recommend it to anyone.

Hi there,
I've only just found out that I can respond to my TripAdvisor reviews and how to do it! So sorry, but here it is at last, my thanks for this lovely review.
You two were very special people too and we hope we'll see you at Katerina's again someday. I would say I'll keep the whisky porridge hot for you but, as I make it fresh to order it wouldn't be quite the truth!
Thanks very much indeed.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This lovely guest house is ideally situated in the centre of Rothbury. We were walking the St Oswalds Way and picked the ideal stopping place. The room was amazing with a four poster bed. Everything for your stay was supplied and you felt really welcome to the area. Cath & Ian are fantastic hosts and Ian keeps you amazed with his stories. The breakfast had the best tasting sausages that we had of all of our trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi again
I've been on TripAdvisor for ages and only just found out that I can respond to my reviews! What a dinosaur!
Even at this late stage let me thank you for the very good review. Reviews are so useful - they help us and help the public with the difficult decision of where to stay. I'm sure yours will be very useful.
Many thanks indeed, Cheerio, Cath.
Woking
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights over the Rothbury Traditional Music Festival weekend (13- 15 July). As the Saturday night ceilidh in the Mart was a 10 mins. min. walk away and finished quite late (12.40am), it was important to us that we had a front door key and be able to come and go to our room as we pleased. We were in Room 1 at the back - pleasantly quiet on one of the busier weekends of the year in the village. The four-poster bed was comfortable, there was plenty of storage space in wardrobe and drawers etc. for clothes (in contrast with many other hotels and B&Bs where too frequently there is not enough for one person let alone a couple), the en-suite bathroom was kept clean with plenty of toiletries. Breakfasts were superb - try the whisky porridge even if you think you don't like whisky! - and fresh cakes were provided in our room every day.
There is free street parking outside and it's usually not a problem, but on RTMF weekend it can sometimes prove more difficult to find a space.
It's by no means the cheapest B&B/Guest House in Rothbury, but it's excellent value for money.

Hello,
Thanks for this very constructive and complimentary review.
I'm a little embarrassed today as I have just received a letter from TripAdvisor telling me that I can respond to my reviews! Now that I know this I find I have a backlog of thanks owing to several kind people who have given their time to writing in about Katerina's Guest House.
Many thanks again, hope to see you at the next Festival - or before.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We laughed all weekend and would recommend Katerina's to everyone! Such a good cook too using exellent quality food. A woman after my own heart, but my shower at home is not as pristine as Kath's! Ian had us howling from arrival to leaving, thanks Ian.

1 Thank Jacqueline H
Hi Birthday girl!
I have just received a letter from TripAdvisor telling me that I can respond to my reviews! After all this time .....
I have to let you know that it wasn't just you who had the fun, you two had a great sense of humour too! We really enjoyed having you here - come back soon.
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We so enjoyed our stay here that we booked an extra night. Cath and Ian were attentive hosts who wanted us to get the best out of our stay both in their guest house and the area. We originally chose Rothbury because it is very close the NT property Cragside but Alnwick ,Bamburgh and the whole Northumbrian coast up to Holy Island are within easy reach.
Our bed was comfortable and our room was quiet, although a little more space would have been ideal. We found a wide range of drinks to prepare for ourselves and, rare luxury, fresh milk in the fridge. Fresh cake appeared every day instead of the usual biscuits.
The excellent cooked breakfast began with home baked bread, and as well as the 'Full English' with prime produce, vegetarian, fish and egg options were available, all in generous portions. It was a short stay that we will long remember.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi,
Such a nice review and I did see it - a long time ago - but didn't know I could respond.
Well, I'm responding now ..... many thanks for all the positive comments about breakfasts etc. I just want to let you know, we haven't changed - if you manage to come back sometime, the home-made bread is still on, the whisky porridge smells just as aromatic and we still have a wide range to suit all tastes.
Thanks a lot, cheerio, Cath.
Seghill
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Me and my partner stayed at katerinas guest house for three nights at the end of May and we had a great time.
We were greeted with a lovely warm atmosphere by two genuinely lovely people.
Our room was room 2 which was quaint yet of sizeable proportion and packed out with everything you could possibly need. We were even supplied with hot chocolate, tea & coffee, shower gel and even a nice bathrobe. They've thought of everything.
The breakfasts were also amazing. My partner, who is a hungry lad at best, even mentioned that he was full at one point, let's just say they are sizable portions!
All in all we had a lovely time at Katerina's Guest House and we'd definitely book again if we were ever to revisit this lovely Northumbrian village, which I'm sure we will!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 and it was lovely.