“Apricot Frangipane to die for!”

Elm Tree Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Rothbury
Description: Tel no:01669 621337
Description: Tel no:01669 621337
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Lovely old fashioned tearoom in the centre of Rothbury. Very friendly, helpful staff, waiter service when we visited. The cakes are lovely, we indulged in the apricot frangipane - gorgeous!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is on the main street in Rothbury and parking can be difficult. The elm tree is with the main selection of shops. When you walk in, you feel as if you're walking into someones lounge. There aren't many tables so you need to grab one before you order. You order at the counter and there is quite a large selection ranging from home made cakes to soup and a sandwich and even afternoon tea. Prices are on par with most small coffee shops. There seems to be plenty of staff and tables were cleared quickly. My children went for cheese scones and I had a fruit one. They were all still warm and just melted in your mouth. I had a pot of tea and asked for fresh milk as I don't like those little uht things. It was given with a smile. My children went on to have some chocolate cake which looked like something I would have made myself. All in all, it was a nice change and not too expensive but it would have been better if they took the orders at the table.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

A little gem of a place serving home cooking and baking at its best. The cream teas are to die for and very reasonably priced considering the towns tourist attractions and competition from other establishments.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Good food, home cooking, spotlessly clean, friendly, not cheap, varied menu, child friendly, cakes to take away.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stopped here for coffee and cake on the way back from visiting Cragside. My wife had decaf and I had regular coffee which was of a decent quality. The decaf was instant. We tried their fake cake and a piece of lemon cake. Both were home-made and of nice quality though the pieces were a little small but they were only £1.65. Service was good.