“Value for money on Curry Night”

Newcastle House Hotel Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Rothbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were staying at the Hotel on Curry Night and decided to try the offer of all you can eat for £10. I'm not a big eater myself, but my husband got his money's worth. The food was tasty and the service was friendly. Would recommend.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The title says it all! Whilst staying in a different B&B in Rothbury we decided to call into the Newcastle House for a drink but on seeing the menu decided to stay for our evening meal One of the best meals ever! We shared the battered prawns for starters which had the lightest batter ever tasted before. This was followed by (a VERY generous portion) battered fish, handcut chunky chips and mushy peas (homemade of course) - which was some of the BEST we've ever tasted. As tasty as it was it was impossible to actually finish the meal but when we spied the dessert menu could not help but try the homemade (well after the starter/main course it would be a crime to buy shop bought) lemon cheesecake. What an absolute treat for the tastebuds!! Washed down with a lovely bottle of white wine and with top customer service from all the staff we cannot recommend having a meal in The Newcastle House if ever in the area. Will definitely be back when next in the area. Many thanks to everyone involved. A wonderful experience which will look forward to repeating.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Recommended by our B&B Hotel, we dined here one evening. The menu was quite unusual but delicious and good quantity; the starters were large enough for a main meal! The service was friendly and quick. Pork with a beer/honey and mustard sauce was wonderful - others commented on it too! Obviously an imaginative chef, with great ideas for something different. So went back for another meal during our short stay - nice atmosphere, and very good food!

1  Thank Jean F
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped at the Newcastle House for a bite to eat and was not disappointed! Beautiful food and didn't take long to arrive. First class staff and have previously been in for coffee one Saturday and the young girl who was working was a fantastic host! I believe her name was Hannah or Anna. Sorry but I will be back with the family this time

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our B&B in Rothbury was very average so this place came to the rescue. A friendly place,nice atmosphere, good beers and a really good range of food at excellent prices. I believe it has accomodation which I cannot comment on, other than to say that the next time I am in Rothbury, this is the place I will choose to stay.