We stayed here for one night, booked at very short notice and stayed in the Lauren Suite at a reduced rate. My husband has walking difficulties and I explained this to Audrey on the phone. She was very helpful and offered to serve breakfast in our room, if required. When we arrived we were amazed at the size of the suite - lounge, bedroom and a long hall leading to a huge bathroom with bath, shower and 2 hand basins. The lounge looked on to the main street and had a small dining table set up. Audrey explained we could eat in if we wished and suggested some take-away places. We were within reach of a number of pubs and restaurants but the offer to eat in was welcomed and unusual. I would recommend this hotel to both couples and families as it is in the centre of Rothbury, and as long as you can find somewhere to park, everything is close at hand. Breakfast was OK, nothing special. If we had paid full price, I would have been disappointed but as we had a big discount I would say it was reasonable value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious Georgian town house has a village location on the edge of the Northumberland National Park. All rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, Bose music systems and Egyptian cotton linen, slippers, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. The Orchard House is winner of the AA Guest Accommodation England 2008, and is Conde Nast Johansens Recommended 2009, and one of TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top Ten Bargains in Europe 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Orchard House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchard House Hotel Rothbury
- Orchard Hotel Rothbury
- The Orchard Hotel
- The Orchard House Rothbury, Northumberland