We were warmly welcomed with a glass of Bucks Fizz then shown to our room on the top floor. The room was spotless and had little extras I would not have expected - some home made chocolates and a bowl of apples. The bathroom was a decent size and the bed comfortable. There was a good selection for breakfast and it was beautifully cooked. Every attention to detail has been taken. The only small fault I could found was that the sockets in our room were very close to the floor so you had to place the kettle on the floor to boil, I understand that this is the only room were the sockets are placed so low. I understand this is the only room that has sockets so low and did not spoil our stay. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in Rothbury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious Georgian town house has a village location on the edge of the Northumberland National Park. All rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, Bose music systems and Egyptian cotton linen, slippers, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. The Orchard House is winner of the AA Guest Accommodation England 2008, and is Conde Nast Johansens Recommended 2009, and one of TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top Ten Bargains in Europe 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Orchard House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchard House Hotel Rothbury
- Orchard Hotel Rothbury
- The Orchard Hotel
- The Orchard House Rothbury, Northumberland