Only booked this B & B on line, 12 hours before arrival, and really have no complaints. Had just joined National Trust and wanted to visit Cragside, so looked on internet for nearest accommodation for one night only as from Leeds, travel to Rothbury, visit to Cragside, and return to Leeds, was to much in on day. Booked with hotels.com and received £20 reduction. Only complaint, for what purports to be 5* accommodatoin, was state of decoration of hall, stairs and landing - there were notices saying that they were in the process or redecoration, but would have thought redocation for a 5* estsblishment would have been done when closed. However, room was very nice, albeit ensuite was outside the room, but this did not bother us for one night only.
Best touches were.... bucks fizz and heated flannel on arrival, and the porridge for breakfast was best I've ever had.
Yes... for a late booking, this was excellent, and as Northumberland is not renowned for cosy country inns which would be our first choice, we can thoroughly recommond Orchard House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious Georgian town house has a village location on the edge of the Northumberland National Park. All rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, Bose music systems and Egyptian cotton linen, slippers, bathrobes and luxury toiletries. The Orchard House is winner of the AA Guest Accommodation England 2008, and is Conde Nast Johansens Recommended 2009, and one of TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top Ten Bargains in Europe 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Orchard House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchard House Hotel Rothbury
- Orchard Hotel Rothbury
- The Orchard Hotel
- The Orchard House Rothbury, Northumberland