“A home from home in St Kitts”

Rock Haven Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We decided to stay at Rock Haven bed and breakfast in St Kitts after viewing the website and reading the reviews. Our hosts, Judith and Keith, picked us up from the airport and took us straight to their lovely home for a welcoming drink. Every morning would start with a delicious breakfast (I don't think we had the same meal twice in ten days) overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from the veranda. The guesthouse is ideally located close to capital, Basseterre, and the beaches in the northeast of the island, but at a quiet distance from the noise of some of the large complexes on the island. What really made the holiday special was that Judith was always on hand to offer friendly advice about where to visit in the island, the best places to get a meal and where to avoid, and a real bonus was to find that every day we would come back from our various trips to find our laundry washed and folded on the bed.
I can say no more that we are already planning our next trip.

Room Tip: The lower suite is larger and more private, but if (like me) you are not a fan of air conditioners t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin P

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I chose to stay at Rock Haven B&B based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor (it was rated as the #1 B&B in St Kitts). I was positively surprised about the B&B from the moment I booked, since soon after I received an email from the owner (Judith) who asked about my dietary restrictions and said she would pick me up from the airport. The positive surprises continued when I met Judith at the airport, saw my room, ate breakfast, and continued to interact with Judith. I absolutely loved it! I wanted to just stay in St Kitts forever! As a solo traveler it was great to have stayed at Rock Haven because Judith made sure I was safe (this includes an alarm system in the room, helping me to book a tour of the island, allowing me to make local calls without a charge) and on various occasions gave me a ride to the places I need to go to. This is probably a great place also for a couple who could rent a car and be able to get in and out of the house quickly. I recommend this hotel as a great alternative to the impersonal and for sure more expensive options found in large hotels. I hope to be back to visit!!! Thank you so much again Judith!!

Room Tip: The B&B has two rooms. I stayed in the largest one which has a full kitchen, large bathroom, wal...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 0Adri0
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Rock Haven for 3 nights to start our vacation in St Kitts and Nevis. Neither of us had been to the Caribbean before, so there was much to explore. We rented a car for our time there, which was nice. Judith greeted us at the airport and gave directions to her B&B for when we left the car rental place. A little hard to find, but ask anyone on St Kitts (or so it felt) where Rock Haven was, and they all knew. Stayed in the garden suite, very nice. Breakfast each morning was delicious! Fresh, local when able food. Judith always had recommendations for what to see on the island. Chatting with Judith and Keith was enjoyable as well. Service was outstanding from start to finish. Judith and Keith took us to the sea bridge ferry terminal to Nevis as well, which was very nice of them. I highly recommend Rock Haven. We will be back given the chance.

Room Tip: Either suite is great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The hill top view from Rock Haven is magnificent at sunrise and the central location a perfect home-base for exploring. Our most gracious hosts Judith and Dr. Keith provided warm welcome at the airport and a health, hardy breakfast (with great tasting coffee) each day. Judith’s helpful advice and call to a local car rental agency got us quickly and confidently off to enjoying the wonderful scenic and historic sites and restaurants around St. Kitts and Nevis. The convenience of having free WiFi access right in our room made it easy to keep in touch with family adding to peace of mind. The entire property is very clean and well-kept, and the Sanctuary Suite very well appointed with comfy bed, walk-in closet, kitchen and private patio. This was our first stay in a B&B and we cannot imagine a better vacation experience thanks to Judith and Dr. Keith!

Room Tip: Sanctuary room is spacious and private.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Judith and Keith were the perfect hosts, from picking us up from the airport when the plane was 4 hours late to dropping us off at the ferry terminal to Nevis at the end of our lovely 4 day stay.
The breakfasts as mentioned were stunning - fresh fruit from their own garden, brilliant freshly baked bread and the very best marmalade.
The B&B had fabulous views of the islands, although it is a good 15-20 min walk to the beach - however we walked to the beach and back each day and if you wanted Frigates Bay is only a quick taxi ride away.
Definitely recommend this B&B.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DandKG
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Rock Haven was simply the best vacation experience we have ever had. The Blakes should teach a course to the rest of the hospitality industry.
We started our days with a magnificent breakfast, great coffee and Judith making arrangements for the day's events for us. The views from the back porch of their incredible home are breathtaking. Rock Haven is in a great location near the airport and pretty much every attraction and restaurant. We rented a car, but taxis are everywhere and many of the places here will come and pick you up if needed. LIAT airlines lost our luggage (and didn't really care, but that's another story). Judith personally talked to people at the airport on our behalf to try and straighten things out. She even had her husband, Keith, a dentist, drive to his office our first night and get us toothbrushes! I don't know where else you could stay in St. Kitts (or anywhere, for that matter) and be treated as well as we were at Rock Haven.

Room Tip: Two rooms here, both very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chiarafan3
Reviewed 22 April 2011

By staying 5 nights at Rock Haven B & B , we had the unique experience of being in Judith and Keith Blake's beautiful local home with it's fabulous views of both the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Each morning we'd start our day staring at the tranquil water and gazing over their beautiful gardens as we ate yummy breakfasts on the upstairs balcony. Fresh fruit was always our 1st course followed by a hearty 2nd course. The food was delicious and beautiful in presentation.

Judith picked us up at the airport and was extremely helpful each day in advising us about beaches, island tours, taxis etc. She and Keith went above and beyond in making us feel welcome and cared for.

The downstairs bedroom (king size bed) with a full kitchen was large and clean and had a wireless internet connection. Towels were changed daily . We didn't cook in the kitchen, but it was nice to have the refrigerator for snacks and drinks.

Because the property is in a lovely residential area on a hillside, you will need to rent a car or take a taxi anywhere you go including the beach. Taxis were not hard to get and Judith can help you find rental cars or taxi service. Usually, we like to stay ON a beach when staying on an island, but in this case, we LOVED Rock Haven....the views, service, breakfasts and Judith made it a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple