“This B&B has it all”

Ranked #1 of 1 Frigate Bay B&B and Inns
Norfolk, Virginia
“This B&B has it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

Exquisite setting with spectacular views; sumptuous two course breakfasts and in 8 days we never had the same meal twice. Hostess Judith Blake is gracious, helpful, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. We grew to love her very much and she and her staff catered to our every desire. Judith had great recommendations for sights, restaurants, tours. She made reservations for us. Her gardener washed our car!

We have stayed in B&Bs for 39 years. None have measured up to our new standard -- Rock Haven and Judith Blake. Better make a reservation soon because we are telling everyone we know.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seaglassseeker

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

Just got back from 11 days of relaxing at Rock Haven. Judith and Kieth are wonderful hosts. Each day started with an excellent breakfast, each days dish was different, tasty, and based on local recipes. Can not get better.
If you are going to St Kitts this is a must stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank See-the-world-two
St. Maarten-St. Martin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

My wife and I had the privilege to stay with Judith at the Rock Haven B&B, she was a wonderful host. The house is truly one of a kind with a beautiful view and our room was more accommodating then we imagined. In the morning we were treated to a excellent breakfast using mainly local ingredients while we enjoyed a nice conversation with a couple visiting from Finland. I would recommend Rock Haven to anyone who is looking for a unique experience on St. Kitts.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank i20two
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

I decided to take a quick vacation to the Caribbean, since I have never been, and must say I was very DISAPPOINTED...that I did not spend my ENTIRE time with Judith at Rock Haven! She and her husband are by far the most gracious and warm hosts I have ever had on a trip in my entire life! I only spent a day and even became ill and Judith and her husband sprang into action and I recovered by the very next day. Judith can help you do anything and everything on the beautiful island of St. Kitts from beach day trips to awesome local restaurants and nightlife. Judith will charter you to and from the local airport and have a incredible breakfast prepared fresh in the morning for you by an awesome chef using local, homegrown ingredients. And as long as you are there you get to enjoy what Judith get to do everyday, wake up to the bright and breathtaking views of the ocean!

So if you are unsure about where you will be staying on the wonderful island of St. Kitts, don't be because Rock Haven has all the peaceful and quite romantic amenities coupled with a rich nightlife if you even feel like leaving the beautiful grounds. When I go back to Caribbean, I will spend my entire time on the lovely island of St. Kitts and save the other islands for day trips and my ONLY place to stay will be Rock Haven! Thank you Judith and I hope to see you again soon! じゃまたね!Judithーさん^_^

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ZazieBlu
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

I stayed her with my sister 5 years ago and I can still remember what a great place this was! The view was beautiful! The owners were welcoming and very friendly! Breakfast was great, I can still remember what I ate too!! It was that good!! Looking forward to coming back!!!

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank BootsMG
st. kitts-nevis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

We just returned from a lovely weekend get-away at Rock Haven; it was one of the finest B&Bs that we have stayed in.

Judith is an excellent hostess. Both she and her husband, Keith, made us feel welcomed and at home the minute we walked in the door. Judith couldn’t be any more kind, knowledgeable and accommodating. Her local restaurant recommendations were right on target, as well as her suggestions for how to spend our time. From the moment we checked in to the moment we departed, service was outstanding. Within an hour of checking in, Richard, the gardener, had hosed down our dusty rental car for us. Little touches like this made our stay delightful.

The B&B is located in a quiet, safe neighborhood, just minutes from restaurants, beaches and the downtown area. The property is in superior condition, with well-groomed gardens and vibrant tropical flora. The hillside location offers a breathtaking view of the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans, while lush tropical flowers accentuate the property. We saw several hummingbirds while enjoying our mornings outside on the veranda, either rocking in the hammock or enjoying the outside furniture.

The interior is charming, decorated in vibrant colors, striking artwork and furnishings exemplary of the Caribbean. Our room on the main floor was beautiful, impeccably clean and very comfortable. The bedroom was a cheerful blend of Caribbean accents and colors. The charming wooden shutters reminded you of the fact you are vacationing in the Caribbean. We found ourselves opening our windows each morning to catch the cool ocean breezes and the lovely views, not once having to worry about safety or privacy.

Judith’s breakfasts are legendary—gourmet, home-cooked and delicious! A different dish was served each morning and was excellent, both in presentation and quality. During our stay we indulged in the freshest tropical fruit, homemade bread, bacon, eggs, marinated tomatoes, flavor-bursting banana pancakes, and TERRIFIC coffee. One of the reasons Rock Haven breakfasts are so flavorful is because Judith and Beverly shop locally for produce, selecting only the sweetest and ripest selections.

Rock Haven is such a gem. We highly recommend it and will be coming back faithfully to visit Judith and her wonderful haven whenever we have a long weekend.

Paul & Katherine

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OctoberSage
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

I've stayed in many B&Bs across the US and abroad, and never have I felt so cared for. Judith is the model hostess, making sure all the details were taken care of: scheduling our rain forest hike, making phone calls and reservations for us, picking us up at the airport, and more. Starting each day with a wonderful breakfast on the soothing veranda was perfect--it was hard to leave the temptations of the hammock to go out and about. But knowing we had such an ideal landing spot each afternoon was terrific. I'd recommend renting a car for a couple of days while on the island, but it's not absolutely necessary--just makes getting around a bit easier, as you do need transportation to the beach and other locales (taxis are cheap and readily available, though). Absolutely unsurpassed spot to stay. Thanks so much, Judith!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Timothy Beach Resort
Timothy Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Frigate Bay

Been to Rock Haven Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!