“Excellent place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Frigate Bay B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Excellent place”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Judith and Keith were excellent hosts. The stay was fantastic. Though short it was completely relaxing. I was definitely home away from home. Mrs. Blake was like a grandmother to my daughter 3 years old, who followed her around the house. Every detail was taken care of, even the laundry if you needed it done.
Every place recommended by Judith either the beach or to eat was a great recommendation.
Rock have has great breakfast food, scenery, and a romantic atmosphere, as well as great employees. Just had to add again that the breakfast was mouth watering. As well as eating with the most gorgeous view. Beverly was very friendly too.
St. Kitts is very unspoiled and I will definitely be returning soon. I took a 3 and 11 year old and the talk about the house and the island all the time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tafari27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Our goal was to see as much of St Kitts as we could while living in a local residential setting. Rock Haven was ideal for this purpose. It is conveniently located, minutes from the airport and from the capital of Basseterre, and is essentially at a crossroads between the roads to the north shore, south shore and the southeast peninsula. Rock Haven is the West Indian style home of Judith and Dr. Blake. They were very gracious hosts and helpful in suggesting things to see, places to eat and filling in some details of island history. They made us feel very much at home. Breakfast was different every morning was always wonderful, often with ingredients fresh from the garden. The banana pancakes were particularly memorable.

Rock Haven is situated high on a hill with stunning views of both north and south Frigate Bay and the peninsula. There are restaurants within walking distance. The closest, Bobsy's, has a good menu at reasonable prices. For something more upscale, try La Belle Vie. We stayed in the Sanctuary Suite, which is a self-contained efficiency. With a full kitchen, ensuite bath, and our own patio looking onto the garden, we had plenty of privacy. Judith had invited us to use their main veranda at any time, and we often did this to enjoy the picture postcard views. Our suite was cleaned each day.

We rented a car from Avis for the week. Traffic is not very heavy in St Kitts and this proved to be an excellent way to see the island. Friar's Bay on the peninsula is about 13 minutes away and became our favourite spot for an afternoon swim. However, you don't need your own car. Taxis are plentiful and not too pricey.

If your idea of an island vacation is lying around the pool all day drinking Pina Coladas, this won't be for you, try the Marriott. For our purposes, Rock Haven was perfect. I would highly recommend it for adults looking to experience St Kitts.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaleyD
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Exquisite setting with spectacular views; sumptuous two course breakfasts and in 8 days we never had the same meal twice. Hostess Judith Blake is gracious, helpful, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. We grew to love her very much and she and her staff catered to our every desire. Judith had great recommendations for sights, restaurants, tours. She made reservations for us. Her gardener washed our car!

We have stayed in B&Bs for 39 years. None have measured up to our new standard -- Rock Haven and Judith Blake. Better make a reservation soon because we are telling everyone we know.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seaglassseeker
New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Just got back from 11 days of relaxing at Rock Haven. Judith and Kieth are wonderful hosts. Each day started with an excellent breakfast, each days dish was different, tasty, and based on local recipes. Can not get better.
If you are going to St Kitts this is a must stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank See-the-world-two
St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed 11 December 2010

My wife and I had the privilege to stay with Judith at the Rock Haven B&B, she was a wonderful host. The house is truly one of a kind with a beautiful view and our room was more accommodating then we imagined. In the morning we were treated to a excellent breakfast using mainly local ingredients while we enjoyed a nice conversation with a couple visiting from Finland. I would recommend Rock Haven to anyone who is looking for a unique experience on St. Kitts.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank i20two
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I decided to take a quick vacation to the Caribbean, since I have never been, and must say I was very DISAPPOINTED...that I did not spend my ENTIRE time with Judith at Rock Haven! She and her husband are by far the most gracious and warm hosts I have ever had on a trip in my entire life! I only spent a day and even became ill and Judith and her husband sprang into action and I recovered by the very next day. Judith can help you do anything and everything on the beautiful island of St. Kitts from beach day trips to awesome local restaurants and nightlife. Judith will charter you to and from the local airport and have a incredible breakfast prepared fresh in the morning for you by an awesome chef using local, homegrown ingredients. And as long as you are there you get to enjoy what Judith get to do everyday, wake up to the bright and breathtaking views of the ocean!

So if you are unsure about where you will be staying on the wonderful island of St. Kitts, don't be because Rock Haven has all the peaceful and quite romantic amenities coupled with a rich nightlife if you even feel like leaving the beautiful grounds. When I go back to Caribbean, I will spend my entire time on the lovely island of St. Kitts and save the other islands for day trips and my ONLY place to stay will be Rock Haven! Thank you Judith and I hope to see you again soon! じゃまたね!Judithーさん^_^

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ZazieBlu
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I stayed her with my sister 5 years ago and I can still remember what a great place this was! The view was beautiful! The owners were welcoming and very friendly! Breakfast was great, I can still remember what I ate too!! It was that good!! Looking forward to coming back!!!

• Stayed October 2009
#3 of 4 in Frigate Bay
Belle Mont Farm
Belle Mont Farm
#1 of 7 in Basseterre

Been to Rock Haven Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!