We loved this place. It is small and friendly and we got just the holiday we wanted.
We went at the end of July 06. As it is low season, the place was fairly quiet, which suited us and meant that we got a little extra attention from the staff.
Being met in reception with a cooling fruit drink was a lovely touch, as was the bouganvillia blossom in the room.
The staff were all warm and helpful, and seemed to really care. It was nice to meet Andrew, the manager at his weekly cocktail party, and have him take a personal interest in our stay. I don't ever remember this at any other hotel.
The grounds are lovingly tended, and the beach is raked of seaweed every day. We were told that some of the empty rooms were being refurbished during this quiet period, but this didn't affect us in any way, so ithey must have been doing this very discreetly.
The food was excellent, with the English chef including some local recipes and vegetables in the choices. The water is lovely and safe to drink, and so therefore are the ice-cubes and salad etc. I drank lots and am sometimes prone to holiday tummy, but not here!
We wanted a Caribbean experience, and were so glad we stayed here and not at the five star hotel down the road, which could have been in Las Vegas or anywhere in the world, for that matter.
So, the bottom line is, we loved the Sugar Bay Club and would hope to stay there again if we were ever back in St. Kitts.
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Bay Club Hotel is located in the lively Frigate Bay area of St. Kitts and our property is set amidst five acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the Atlantic Ocean. We offer four restaurants on property, a duty free liquor store, a souvenir shop, an Express Mart and two fresh water swimming pools. Our St. Kitts Hotel is perfect for a relaxing tropical vacation. The Sugar Bay Club Hotel has eighty-nine rooms and suites. We offer amenities such as complimentary wireless internet access, air conditioning, cable TV, telephone, hairdryers, refrigerators, microwaves, tea/coffee making facilities, kitchenettes and private patio or balcony. Choose your view of the Atlantic Ocean, our vibrant garden or one of our two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sugar Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Bay Club Hotel Frigate Bay
- Sugar Bay Club St. Kitts, St. Kitts And Nevis