My wife and I are over 60 years old. My daughter who accompanied us on our 14 day holiday to this hotel is 34 years old. We rate this hotel as 2 star only. The two best features are the gardens which are immaculate and the 80 foot pool. Otherwise we found it uninspiring. The food was repetitive and monotonous and I disagree with one reviewer who said vegetables were a plenty. I dont think this hotel knows what vegetables are. The few we got were miserable. The plumbing was noisy and erratic and needs to be brought into the 21st Century. The staff at the reception desk were miserable and uncommitted. Only one ever gave us a smile (Jasmin). Jasmin was smart and well groomed. The other staff lacked motivation and were glum most of the time. When we stayed there were 25 guests and 75 staff. You would think we were spoiled. That was not the case at all. One of the Chefs (Devron) had a sense of humour and one of the waitresses had the nicest smile in the Caribbean but otherwise we felt the staff were just giving lip service to their guests. The general feeling of my family was that we would return to St. Kitts and be happy in doing so but we would not stay at this hotel again. That was the view of the friends we made who also stayed at the Sugar Bay Club. It was all inclusive and tips were included. That didnt stop the dining room manageresss from actually saying `I hope I get a good tip when you go`. She didnt. We gave our tips to the two overworked pregnant waitresses even though neither gave us a smile throughout our stay. Before I forget, we did encounter 4 cockroaches in the eating area (trampled on but left there for all to see). Made our imagination run riot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sugar Bay Club Hotel is located in the lively Frigate Bay area of St. Kitts and our property is set amidst five acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the Atlantic Ocean. We offer four restaurants on property, a duty free liquor store, a souvenir shop, an Express Mart and two fresh water swimming pools. Our St. Kitts Hotel is perfect for a relaxing tropical vacation. The Sugar Bay Club Hotel has eighty-nine rooms and suites. We offer amenities such as complimentary wireless internet access, air conditioning, cable TV, telephone, hairdryers, refrigerators, microwaves, tea/coffee making facilities, kitchenettes and private patio or balcony. Choose your view of the Atlantic Ocean, our vibrant garden or one of our two swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Bay Club Hotel Frigate Bay
- Sugar Bay Club St. Kitts, St. Kitts And Nevis