We spent 18 days in St Kitts at Timothy Beach in December 2013 over the Christmas period.
The townhouse accommodation was set out as follows:
Ground Floor - there are two entrances - one door to the main ground floor and the other which allows access to the two upstairs rooms (each have their own key should you want to share or have added privacy). The main Room downstairs leads through to a dining area and lounge with a Kingsize bed tucked around the corner of the room. The kitchen is at the front end of the property with a large oven and fridge/freezer. There is a small shower room with toilet downstairs. And there is a veranda to the rear (with table & 4 chairs and 2 loungers).
1st Floor - there are 2 bedrooms upstairs - the "Mountain" view room, which had 2 single beds & a bath/shower/toilet room with a small balcony (with enough room for one chair) - the "Ocean" view room is the Master bedroom with a Kingsize bed, shower/toilet room. Laptop plug unit. and full balcony (with table and 2 chairs and 2 loungers).
Each room has a built in wardrobe and is equipped with ironing board and iron. Air conditioning units are fitted in each room as well as ceiling fans. The upstairs rooms have coffee percolators, small fridges, phones and remote control TV's.
Overall we were pleasantly surprised by the space and decor of our accommodation - it is not modern though but has a traditional feel to it.
A couple of things to mention though (not that it bothered us but it may help)
- music is played some eves - usually thur-sat until early hours of the morning (1am max)
- we needed to purchase a can opener and a sharp enough knife to cut veg
-the voltage was not high enough to support my hair styler - so I went au naturelle!
The Shiggidy Shack along the beach serves decent food but if you are after a real treat - get to the SPICE MILL on Cockleshell Beach (on the Peninsula nearby) - the food here is delicious and the restaurant is beautiful, sitting on the beachfront - a must try. We also ate out at O.I.T's (Ocean Terrace Inn) - The Waterfall - they have a delicious buffet bar on Fridays.
I have to say the staff are generally friendly but not outstanding or forthcoming - so do ask them!
The swimming pool was great - we spent a lot of time here - it does get deep up to 6'7" in the middle though so please make sure your kids are suitably protected and supervised. You can also get complimentary beach towels from the front desk - which is a godsend!
A short walk in the direction of the Marriott will take you to some other decent eateries and a small supermarket (RAMS) - 5/10mins.
We really enjoyed our stay and rented a car through AVIS - who kindly collected us from the hotel to the rental location - although next time we visit we will hire a 4x4 as some roads are not intended for a standard car!
Currency is in Eastern Caribbean Dollars and US Dollars - advisable to have a split of both!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on St. Kitts golden Caribbean beach, Timothy Beach Resort offers: •The only hotel in the upscale golf community of Frigate Bay located directly on the Caribbean beach •Friendly, gracious staff who are delighted to help make your vacation your best ever by arranging tours, activities & reservations •Lovely modern air conditioned rooms all of which feature premium channel cable TV and Free WIFI •Deluxe One Bedroom Suites with recently remodeled walk-in Kittitian Rainforest Showers and spacious furnished balconies adding an additional outdoor living space to your home away from home. •Two Bedroom Suite and Townhouse Options •A recently redesigned and rebuilt pool providing private relaxation and a commanding view of the Caribbean beach •The oceanfront Sunset Cafe restaurant and bar open daily for all meals and snacks •The popular Dock bar directly on the sands of Frigate Bay beach with Happy Hour Monday through Friday and Sunday live entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Timothy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timothy Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts, St. Kitts And Nevis