If we paid motel price, then this place would get more stars. If we paid 150 a night, I expected at least the basics. We stayed for three nights and were glad it's not more.
The front desk couldn't find our reservation when we checked in on Christmas eve. They could only find our cancellation for a longer stay. Then they finally found our reservation through Orbitz. Since they didn't have a room ready for us, it took a little time to freshen up the room.
But when we got to our room, I found hair and some stain on the toilet seat. I cleaned it myself with an alcohol wipe. The room doesn't have a kitchen but the size was fine. It had a king size mattress, on top of two twin size box springs. One side of the mattress was hanging out because it's bigger than the box springs combined underneath. The box springs jet out and sometimes would slide out of place. There were a lot of ants in the bathroom but I seemed to find this in other beach locations. Even though our room was far from the restaurants and faces the hill, we could still hear bass drums late at night which kept me awake for two nights.
We didn't care about the small TV as we weren't there to watch it, but they don't provide any shampoo. I usually pack some left over shampoo from other hotels (travel size) and never got to use them because it's provided. This was the only time I ran short because we stayed in a private villa on Nevis the nights before. A resort that doesn't provide shampoo?
The "resort" itself is located at one end of the bay, and the beach was not very wide. The water was not very clean the days we were there probably because the wind brought in some slimy things.
I gave this place two stars because the front desk staff were very nice when we checked in. However since it was Christmas, the reception room was locked up most of the time, and after one day, the phone in our room didn't have any ringtone any more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on St. Kitts golden Caribbean beach, Timothy Beach Resort offers: •The only hotel in the upscale golf community of Frigate Bay located directly on the Caribbean beach •Friendly, gracious staff who are delighted to help make your vacation your best ever by arranging tours, activities & reservations •Lovely modern air conditioned rooms all of which feature premium channel cable TV and Free WIFI •Deluxe One Bedroom Suites with recently remodeled walk-in Kittitian Rainforest Showers and spacious furnished balconies adding an additional outdoor living space to your home away from home. •Two Bedroom Suite and Townhouse Options •A recently redesigned and rebuilt pool providing private relaxation and a commanding view of the Caribbean beach •The oceanfront Sunset Cafe restaurant and bar open daily for all meals and snacks •The popular Dock bar directly on the sands of Frigate Bay beach with Happy Hour Monday through Friday and Sunday live entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Timothy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timothy Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts, St. Kitts And Nevis