ROOSTER WAKE UP
Another couple flew to St Kitts with us where we stayed at the Timothy Beach Resort for 10 days in October, 2013. We selected the resort primarily because of it being on the Caribbean side of the island and the reviews presented on Trip Advisor.
The reviews were correct as it relates to the staff and cleanliness of the resort. The staff was exceptionally helpful and cheerful. There were fresh beach towels whenever you wanted them and they would call a cab if you wanted to go to town or tour the island.
The reviews didn’t adequately discuss the lack of facilities at the beach. The Caribbean, however, was warm, clear, and clean. The pool was well maintained without being overcrowded. The beach at the resort is non-existent, has a very small area for lounge chairs, and has dark sand like on the coast in Washington State. The lounges and umbrellas must be 15 years old, were faded, and didn’t even swivel to protect you from the sun.
The units were old and needed to be brought into the 21st century. Mattresses were hard but did the job.
The resident rooster would wake you up sometime after 3:00 AM. He and his 2 hens could be seen at all times throughout the day. They usually showed up at the beach bar during happy hour.
The monkeys would come out and frolic at least once a day. Sometimes they would sip water from the pool. They were interesting to watch. At times there were more than 20 playing on the grassy knoll behind the units.
Happy hour at the beach bar was well attended with locals and guests. Maybe it was because buckets of beer (6 bottles of Carib Beer) were only $6 US.
The wait staff in the restaurant were great. The menu was somewhat limited. The burgers are very good.
All in all, it was pleasant trip with great swimming. We definitely will not be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on St. Kitts golden Caribbean beach, Timothy Beach Resort offers: •The only hotel in the upscale golf community of Frigate Bay located directly on the Caribbean beach •Friendly, gracious staff who are delighted to help make your vacation your best ever by arranging tours, activities & reservations •Lovely modern air conditioned rooms all of which feature premium channel cable TV and Free WIFI •Deluxe One Bedroom Suites with recently remodeled walk-in Kittitian Rainforest Showers and spacious furnished balconies adding an additional outdoor living space to your home away from home. •Two Bedroom Suite and Townhouse Options •A recently redesigned and rebuilt pool providing private relaxation and a commanding view of the Caribbean beach •The oceanfront Sunset Cafe restaurant and bar open daily for all meals and snacks •The popular Dock bar directly on the sands of Frigate Bay beach with Happy Hour Monday through Friday and Sunday live entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Timothy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timothy Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts, St. Kitts And Nevis