We had a great time at this resort. We usually stay at an all-inclusive large resort when we are away, but decided to do the more local accommodation this time because we heard good things about this place.
We had requested an ocean view studio room and not first floor, but when we got there we had neither, but the management was very quick to resolve the issue, so we were happy about that. Don’t expect the ocean view rooms to be ocean front! Our room was called ocean view but our view was a little bit of the ocean, at a distance, an eyesore of an amusement park and the resort laundry line! See our pictures for a better look. The room itself was spacious and very clean, but a little dated. Soap was provided but no shampoo or other usual hotel bathroom amenities, so make sure to bring your shampoo, lotions, conditioners, etc. They did have a hair dryer and towels.
Small safety boxes were provided at the front desk, but there was none in the room, which made for trips to the front desk every time you wanted your money or small valuables. Cameras and laptops had no safe place, so we just kept them out of sight and hoped for the best while we were out of the room.
The room had a very small TV, but it offered a great selection of channels, including CITY TV from Toronto, HGTV, Slice, TLC, as well as most local, American and British channels.
We got our breakfast included in our hotel package because we weren’t sure how convenient it would be to make or have breakfast. Next time we would probably request a suite with a kitchen, and make our own each day. The Ram’s supermarket is just a short walk away, so it would be easy to buy breakfast food to prepare, or even bring down our coffee. The hotel restaurant’s breakfast was fine but had very limited choice of food – your choice was one of pancakes, eggs, omelette, French toast, or fruit platter. All it would take to add some variety to breakfasts would be adding different types of packaged jams marmalades, peanut butter or cream cheese packages for the toast.
As far as other places to have lunch or dinner, we ate at the beach restaurants right across the driveway – Mr. X Shiggity Shack, Cathy’s Ocean Grill, or Chinchilla’s. The food at all three places were tasty and reasonably priced. The service at Chinchilla’s was very fast and friendly, but the other two places were slow even when we were the only ones eating there!
The beach wasn’t as long or pretty as the Marriott one, but offered better snorkelling and wonderful water for swimming. The water is warm and calm, and relatively shallow for a distance out, so it is possible to swim from one end of the beach to the other – like having a huge Olympic pool to do lengths! I found it easy to navigate around the rocky areas. We went snorkelling once just around the pier, but preferred to use the water for swimming because it was so pleasant.
The pool area is quiet and very pleasant. The pool itself is very small, but refreshing to take a dip and cool off.
On Thursday evenings there is a bonfire on the beach and they have entertainers like fire eaters, so it is worth attending.
A real plus and highlight of this trip for me was the wildlife at this place. I really enjoyed seeing the resident chickens, mongoose, and cats, but was thrilled to see all the monkeys that would visit this resort every day! Some days they came in large groups and frolicked with each other near the pool area – a monkey playground! I loved watching them, and took many pictures. I even saw one come to the pool to get a drink. This was better than going on an African safari - they should rename this resort Monkey Inn!
All in all, we enjoyed our stay here very much, and would definitely come back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on St. Kitts golden Caribbean beach, Timothy Beach Resort offers: •The only hotel in the upscale golf community of Frigate Bay located directly on the Caribbean beach •Friendly, gracious staff who are delighted to help make your vacation your best ever by arranging tours, activities & reservations •Lovely modern air conditioned rooms all of which feature premium channel cable TV and Free WIFI •Deluxe One Bedroom Suites with recently remodeled walk-in Kittitian Rainforest Showers and spacious furnished balconies adding an additional outdoor living space to your home away from home. •Two Bedroom Suite and Townhouse Options •A recently redesigned and rebuilt pool providing private relaxation and a commanding view of the Caribbean beach •The oceanfront Sunset Cafe restaurant and bar open daily for all meals and snacks •The popular Dock bar directly on the sands of Frigate Bay beach with Happy Hour Monday through Friday and Sunday live entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Timothy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timothy Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts, St. Kitts And Nevis