A strange situation, on a very short depth of beach on the ( famed) " strip". A murder there during our first week! A lot of the beach bars were closed down and derelict, and it was all a bit sad. Do not eat in the hotel as the food was not good and one waitress was so rude, we were unsure if it might be a strange joke. The room was O.K but the bathroom was not. The wash basin taps were surrounded with disgusting black mould as were the overflow holes. Nothing happens quickly on Kitts..."island time", "rush slowly"...gets on your nerves after a while...rooms cleaned at 5pm. Huge noise problem from the remaining beach bars and obnoxious wealthy American students.
Get your beach spot organised by 10a.m.before the cruise boats disengorge or you won't get one!
However we did like the island for its simplicity and nice people. Just for the moment unspoiled, but this is about to change as large areas are being altered (ruined?) for a big hotel chain and condos.
We do recommend the Reggae bar and Cockleshell beach, which is the best on the island. The food, staff and atmosphere are superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on St. Kitts golden Caribbean beach, Timothy Beach Resort offers: •The only hotel in the upscale golf community of Frigate Bay located directly on the Caribbean beach •Friendly, gracious staff who are delighted to help make your vacation your best ever by arranging tours, activities & reservations •Lovely modern air conditioned rooms all of which feature premium channel cable TV and Free WIFI •Deluxe One Bedroom Suites with recently remodeled walk-in Kittitian Rainforest Showers and spacious furnished balconies adding an additional outdoor living space to your home away from home. •Two Bedroom Suite and Townhouse Options •A recently redesigned and rebuilt pool providing private relaxation and a commanding view of the Caribbean beach •The oceanfront Sunset Cafe restaurant and bar open daily for all meals and snacks •The popular Dock bar directly on the sands of Frigate Bay beach with Happy Hour Monday through Friday and Sunday live entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and TripOnline SA so you can book your Timothy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timothy Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Frigate Bay
- Timothy Beach Resort St. Kitts, St. Kitts And Nevis