Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sugar Bay Club(Frigate Bay)
Ocean Terrace Inn(Basseterre)
View Hotel
All reviewsvacation cluboff seasonbedroom villast kittstime shareocean viewpizzamarriott hotelthree bedroommain poolatlantic sidespecial shoutthird floorsouth poolfull kitchenresort is beautifulgreat marriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my first time to St. Kitts. First off, I love the country, the people, the history and the weather. I will be back again. Me and my husband arrived in St. Kitts a day early. We would be checking into the timeshare part of the Marriott St. Kitts Beach Club the following day and figured we would be able to get a hotel somewhere for one night. So we started with the Marriott. We arrived @9pm on 5/30 and we were able to get an ocean view room at a very affordable price. The room was awesome! Could not have picked a better room (208 I think) if I had done so myself. Then we checked into the timeshare portion of the huge resort. It was absolutely fabulous. We stayed in Villa 8100 of the Jessup House on the first floor. Each day I was able to walk right out of our living room sliding door to either the pool or the beach. The villas are fabulously furnished with new stainless steel appliances, dark cabinetry and tropical/comfortable sofas and chairs. I got the best nights sleep in those beds! I need to bring one home. I loved the entertainment by the pool each day (volleyball/DJ/water aerobics). The staff was friendly and engaging from the front door to the back door. Special shout out to the check in desk for the timeshare and to Mike who made sure we had everything we needed. Everyone always had a smile on their faces and made us feel happy to be there. I met three really awesome women while I was there and we spent our final night together celebrating 2 of our birthdays and a new longtime friendship dancing the night away to the live reggae band in lobby. Can't see where our friendship goes from this initial meeting. June is their slow season so there was hardly anyone around so while I loved it not being crowded, I liked it so much I would hope that people start going more during that month. It's worth it! The Marriott sent me a birthday cake, basket of goodies that included wine, chocolates and tshirts. They also sent over a bottle of champagne as me and my husband were celebrating our honeymoon as well. Very thoughtful of them. Pleasant surprise. We did all of the tours. Loved Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park - what a view, and the history behind it.... for groceries we would either go to Pronto (Marriott's store) or RAMS down the street. I must say that I was very disappointed in RAMS...that was one of the places where the staff was not that friendly, I bought some chicken that, once taken out of the package, looked like it had been thawed and rethawed several times. I cooked it anyway and ended up throwing it out because it was bad meat. Also, all of the "fresh" onions, peppers, ... were rotten. I do not recommend them even though they are close. The Beach Bar is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel (I'm a walker so it might be longer for others)..we walked at night fairly late and their were other people out walking also. I felt safe in St. Kitts. A MUST is Cathy's! Their ribs were awesome - matter of fact all of their food was awesome (winner of Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellent, and I see why). The Shiggidy Shack has a great following and was packed Friday and Saturday nights. We were entertained by steel drums, a dance troop, fire thrower and a live band. I had an awesome time and will go back! You can contact me for specific questions if you like.

Room Tip: Room 208 of the hotel and Villa 8100 of Jessup House for the timeshare...but any ocean view room is great. This is an awesome Marriott location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lorraine771
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us, Lorraine! We really appreciate your detailed review and great trip photos you provided. Our team looks forward to your next stay with us at Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just finished a week at the Marriott vacation club in St. Kitts and had a great time! The resort is beautiful, very spacious, great views of the beach and close to most attractions. We stayed in a three bedroom villa and the room was great-traveled with 10 people and had plenty of space! We had great views of the pool located near building 9 as well as se views of the beach and mountains. We did have a few glitches with our room (washing machine flooded and toilet didn't work) but were quickly fixed by maintenance and didn't have any further issues.

The staff at the resort were so friendly-especially the bellman who greeted is every day as we waited for our taxi. Gervin at the pool was great-he is very energetic and got everyone involved in pool activities. There was plenty at the pool, everyday usually included activities such as pool volleyball, trivia or bingo. Drinks and food at the Bohemia pool bar are very reasonable and delicious!

There are several restaurants throughout the property, hours and days of operation vary. We ate at Bohemia and highly recommend the blackened fish sandwich or salad. Most nights we stayed in and cooked in our room. There is a Rams store (walking distance) and IGA (taxi) not too far from the resort. We did use the grills on property which were also located close to our building.

Overall we had a great time at this property and were highly impressed with the resort. We could not have been more happy with the service we experienced!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank AbFree28

We are happy to hear your family had a great vacation at Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club! Thank you for your five-star review and we hope to see you again on your next vacation in St. Kitts!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had a wonderful stay in a two bedroom villa. It was so large it could have easily been a 3 room villa. The staff was wonderful and the bars and lounges on site made it so we never wanted to leave...we didn't want to miss anything. This is the only large hotel on the island and I don't think there was anywhere else I would want to stay.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a villa...we were on the 1st floor and it was wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dezi D

We are thrilled you enjoyed your spacious villa, Dezi! Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The help here has gotten so much friendlier.. The Island has got to have the friendliest people in the Caribbean as well.. The island government has stressed tourism and it's really noticeably better than in years past. The Marriott pool is so much fun..great for families and couples. This is my first tripadvisor review so I wouldn't bother if I wasn't noticeably impressed!

Room Tip: Facing ocean is always better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Arthur F
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Marriott St. Kitts Beach Club in June 2014. June is the off season in St. Kitts and it was not at all crowded. The magnificent open air entryway yields glimpses of the Atlantic across a vast complex of pools, gardens and villas. The color of the walls and villas was a little tired looking but the interiors seem to have been recently updated and were colorful and full of the amenities one expects from Marriott. We had an ocean view villa and the vista from our second floor balcony was wonderful.

The resort staff were unfailingly helpful, caring and cheerful. My brother-in-law had a run-in with a golf cart and badly cut his ear. The staff went all out to make certain that he was comfortable and had a first aid kit on hand within minutes.

The concierge went out of her way to help us. One morning as we were about to hop a taxi downtown to attend mass she ran after us to advise us that mass at the cathedral had been moved to Brimstone Hill for Pentecost, saving us an unnecessary trip.

The beach chair layout is really nice, with permanent shading and plenty of beach chairs. The area in front of the beach is protected by two jetties but the wave action and wind were strong most days. Still it has a magnificent view.

There is an on-site casino, and action most nights was gathered around the slots, blackjack and roulette tables. I had a great time one evening taking with a table of veterinary students from the U.S.

St Kitts, I have been told, is very much like many other parts of the Caribbean were thirty years ago.
There appears to be some resort development going on south of Frigate Bay, but from Bassetere north the island retains a distinct flavor of times past. Many of the villages around the island suffer from extreme poverty, but the people are gracious, courteous and welcoming. I would definitely come back to St Kitts and the Marriott.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wmsterry

Thank you for your five-star TripAdvisor review! We are pleased to hear your stay with us was enjoyable and look forward to hosting you again at Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club!