Oceanfront rooms were spacious, clean, and offered a great view of the Atlantic Ocean. We booked the all inclusive plan which was fantastic for food and most beverages (but not all alcohol is included) and snorkeling gear. The food was superb especially at the Royal Grille and Blu Restaurants. All-inclusive guests have to sign for every food and drink order, and you have to remember which alcohol drinks are not included! But we think the value of the all-inclusive plan is worth it.
Hotel staff was friendly and polite but service could be extremely slow in restaurants even when they were not crowded and there was plenty of servers/staff.
Location-wise, if you are looking for calm Caribbean waters for swimming or snorkeling, you'll have to walk to Frigate Bay (about a 10 minute walk) or take a taxi to one of the Caribbean beaches. Taxis offer a flat rate up to 4 people each way. Recommendations: Friar's Bay (10 minute taxi ride, $12 one way for 4 people) over Conkleshell Beach (15-20 minute taxi ride ($24 one way for 4 people). Take cash as you'll need to rent beach chairs and umbrellas. Both locations have restaurants/bars. Be sure to ask what the taxi rate is before leaving.
The concierge staff are extremely pleasant and helpful with advice and activity recommendations. While we were there, the beach at this resort always has a strong breeze off the Atlantic Ocean which made snorkeling and swimming rather tough. The location also seems to get a lot of rain whereas the Caribbean side does not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino St. Kitts And Nevis