“Expensive to get to...but worth it.”

St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frigate Bay
Toronto, Canada
“Expensive to get to...but worth it.”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I've been going to the Marriott St. Kitts every year for the past 8 years, almost from when it opened.
I've read some of the bad reviews which I find hard to believe. Rooms have always been clean
and staff exceptionally nice & friendly compared to other Islands.
Restaurants on site are few and for the most part not bad.
Other restaurants in the area are very good and alot to choose from.
Would recommend it highly and I'm actually going there in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor...ocean view a must.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We've had the opportunity to experience many of Marriotts Vacation Clubs and we must say St Kitts is by far one of the best. From the personal touch, sending a special gift to our room when we told them we were celebrating our annniversary. To the kind words from all the hard working team. Beautiful Accomodations, gorgeous beach, food is great. Love love, love St Kitts Marriott! Thanks Melisha and all for making this one of our best holidays ever!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JBRESH
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Good and not so good. Overall, was an average resort. The rooms were nice but not as clean as I expect. I always bring bleach wipes and had to wipe down everything. The restaurants were terrible. I think there is a racket going on between the cab drivers and the owners of local restaurants so don't trust anyone. I wish I would have done more research on this island before we came. So much potential! LOVED the beach. Saw sea turtles for the 1st time in my life! We did love our stay but not sure we will return. Oh! and the power went out twice! Once in the middle of the night which was scary!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephanie R
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed 3 nights on business. It is a large classy hotel with well trained staff, comfortable rooms, lovely pool and beach and very good restaurants. But ....
- a major problem was the hotel computer system being down the whole time. They could not even provide me with a bill on checkout and send they would e-mail it to me. (Two days later and I am still waiting). The internet was done for for the first few hours after my arrival. Hopefully this systems problem is not frequent
- the toilets in the conference rooms area were a disgrace. Taps, doors and door handles had not been cleaned for a long time. Germs everywhere ! Ugh !
- avoid any room with an adjoining door. My luggage man blandly assured me it was a double door and I would not hear a thing. Rubbish ! I endured one night of a Spanish speaking man who seemed to yell into his telephone and then an American couple who spoke at the top of their voices so I could hear every word.
- the coffee bar was like an oven - almost no air conditioning and very uncomfortable

Room Tip: main building sea facing rooms are best. Avoid any with an adjoining door if you are noise sensitive...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Davids27892
Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Beach manicured every morning. Staff is excellent and accomodating in every way. Preia at front desk was exceptional. Rooms clean and bed was very comfortable.Swimming pools were great and had activities every day. This resort was an excellent choice for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. We will be back again!

Room Tip: Ocean view with balcony is perfect! Ocean front even better--breath taking views!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 314steve
StKittsMarriottMgr, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable time at the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Kitts Marriott Resort and Sugar City St. Kitts.
Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Warmest regards,
Jacques Hamou
GM
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Accessible rooms? What a joke! One tub w/shower, one safety bar at the opposite end from the shower controls, no bath mat, and a very low toilet.
Great restaurants? Not hardly. The Royal Grill served my dinner partner's pork rare in the middle (it was sent back), the fanciest appetizer in the menu was drowning in balsamic vinegar, and 35 minutes after our meal, we had still to see our desserts and coffee! They forgot! We left. When we talked with guest relations supervisor she generously offered to cover our dinner for that night or the next night. At checkout, you guessed it, no one knew what I was talking about.
The rooms were dirty, trash sat outside our room for three days until I asked that it be removed for the third time.
The pools were dirty, one of the whirlpools had two-thirds of its jets not working, and algae built up along the sides. When I said something to a pool staff person, he said he would look into it. He did, but I did not go back.
The casino staff is friendly enough, but it is smokey.
The steel drum band plays in the lobby, so don't get a room anywhere near there because you won't get to sleep until they quit.
The airport is a nightmare.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Babs716
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was filthy, the casino was short staffed with bad games. We had 3 room changes and each smelled of mold and mildew. The bugs were everywhere, the service poor. When I asked for wash towels they didnt have it. They couldnt get the room service order correct and when I asked for my correct order the server said Why cant you eat that??? I asked for engineering to come and change the air filter where the dirt was hanging out of the vents. Doesnt anyone else look up? After 2 days we left. Couldnt take the nasty attitudes, filthy pool, and unlicensed local massage therapists bothering you on the beach. I was surprised how nice the spa was but no one was in it. Yolanda was the massage therapist. Really nice that was the best part of the trip. The entire place reeks nasty. Mariott clean it up or get your name off of it.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the main building get one of the cottages they smell the best
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Timothy Beach Resort
Timothy Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Frigate Bay
Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club

Been to St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino? Share your experiences!