“wonderful amenities”

St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frigate Bay
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Recently stayed here for 7 nights to celebrate my friend's 60th birthday. Front desk check- in was wonderful and William even managed to get us in our room early Thank You!!. Our room was overlooking the garden area and was clean and very well equipped.Our bell-boy Mikhel was delightful and greeted us personally on a daily basis..very nice touch. The pool and beach area was outstanding and a lovely bubbly waitress Edris was happy, upbeat and a pleasure to talk with. We made use of the Spa on the day of my friend's birthday and Vaneka was my favorite employee, she went out of her way to make my friend feel special and even brought her a slice of cake, that I assume she bought on her own,SHE WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND!!The spa manager even made a courtesy call to our room to make sure we enjoyed our services....much appreciated!!.We had two terrible experiences in Calypso Restaurant, one at the buffet breakfast and the other in the front cafeteria. On both occasions the staff were the problem!! They rushed us at the breakfast buffet and constantly interrupted our meal with request of how we were paying. Only to find out that the buffet finished at 11am and yet we were admitted at 10.50am without any warning of the fact. The staff at the front cafeteria was uninterested and unpleasant and verging on just plain rude. I did report the matter to the food and beverage manager, who apologized profusely. This was our only bad experience at the resort and will not stop me from returning any time in the future.

Close to a wonderful coffee place called Rituals, who made wonderful bagels and sandwiches at very reasonable prices. Also Bombay Blues Indian restaurant a little further down the street was the best Indian food I have had in a very long time.

Pam with tropical tours is in the foyer a couple of days a week and has great options available, including a day trip to Nevis and a tour of the island....very efficient and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kth33756
SKMarriott, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear kth33756

WOW!! You definitely spent time getting to know our island and the staff at our resort. Thank You for the fantastic feedback, not just about some of our stars that you mentioned by name but for the time spent indulging in our different amenities. Please accept my apology for the hiccups that you encountered however I am glad our Food & Beverage Manager was around to provide assistance. We are very fortunate that our location is perfectly situated between the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea, both just a short 5 minute walk from the other. While on your way there is a small supermarket, a pharmacy, other restaurants and tons of bars to choose from. I noticed you did not mention our 35,000 square feet, Casino situated in our lobby. Did you get a chance to battle Lady Luck? Hopefully next time you visit you can tell us about your time in the casino or about our 18 hole golf course. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Saint Kitts is a beautiful island, clean, well-kept with a great tropical breeze. I returned to the Saint Kitts Marriott seven years after my last stay, and am very disappointed. This “resort” is just not up to Marriott standards.

My room was dated in décor, the mattress was soft, lumpy, and sagged badly in the middle. The a/c did little to remove the humidity from the room. High-speed internet service was adequate. In-room amenities were standard Marriott hotel fare – no special touches like upgraded lotions, aloe vera, or bottled waters that you receive at other Caribbean resorts. The in-room coffee was a nice touch, though.

Outside, the grounds are attractive, but the building is very much showing its wear. Rotting wood, walls in desperate need of paint, and marred walls throughout detract from the resort experience.

The front desk staff members are nice; few other employees acknowledge you as you pass. Getting a cup of coffee in the café off the lobby is a p-a-i-n-f-u-l-l-y slow process. Service is at a bare bones level throughout the hotel. My key card quit working continuously during my stay (and no, I didn’t have it near my cell phone). I tried to use the business center one evening, and learned from the front desk staff that the computers don’t work.

While the setting is nice and the overall feel is “OK,” this hotel needs a renovation and refresher course in resort-level service delivery.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Louis59
SKMarriott, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello kth33756

Thank you for taking the time provide us your feedback, it is most certainly appreciated. Our island is indeed a tropical paradise and our community takes great pride in its upkeep and maintenance.

You indicated in your response that you had some concerns while staying with us and for this please accept my apologies. We have just recently unveiled a complete soft-goods renovations of all rooms including a total décor redesign featuring upgraded upholstery, draperies, bedding, floor mats, color scheme and wall-coverings. All this along with the introduction of 37 inch flat screen color TVs in all rooms. In addition to this free Wi-Fi was also made available to all registered guests in the lobby and pool areas. This upgrade of the resort features was at a cost of over of over US1.5 million and we are not done just yet. With this completed we have now turned our efforts to the resort exterior.

Please accept our sincere apologies if your encounters with some of our associates did not leave you satisfied, please understand that this is not at all the way we conduct our day to day. I am glad that the Front Desk associates did share with you their Kittitian Hospitality. Our goal is to address the concerns you have expressed so that we can ensure an exceptional guest experience.

If your travels ever bring you again to our area, hopefully in less than 7 years, we would love another opportunity to regain your trust and showcase our St Kitts Hospitality.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is up to the Marriott standards but the hotel has an open design so the public areas are very warm all the time. The air conditioning in the room just didnt cut it so warm sticky nights. The hotel is very nice and has several, expensive, restaurants. The Steakhouse had a nightly, good value, $30 3 course meal. The fish restaurant had a menu but only offered a choice of chicken, salmon or lobster tail for $38
I was there on business but lots of golfers there seemed to enjoy the course.
All in all a good experience but not special

Room Tip: Breakfast in the restaurant is very expensive try the coffee shop they offer nice breakfast sandwich...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ian

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.

You are correct we do have an open air design which is perfect as it allows for the constant breeze from the nearby ocean, which is why guests and visitors enjoy hanging out in the lobby and at the lobby bar.
Our standard for the room temperature is 74 degrees Fahrenheit however there is a thermostat in the rooms that allows you to change the settings if you so desire.
We actually have 8 outlets on property including 3 specialty restaurants that offers a fantastic Sunset Special from 6 to 7pm at just $30 for a 3 course meal.

Oh Yes you noticed the Golfers!! Over the weekend we were host to the 33rd St Kitts Open with over 15 countries represented. Just so you know the winner is actually St Kitts’ own Adrian Norford.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to host you again whenever your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First I want to give kudos to the good things:

We attended a destination wedding here. The wedding and everything connected with the wedding was FANTASTIC and beautiful.

Food was excellent

Beach and ocean were amazing

Pools are nice

Bartenders do not skimp on the beverages

Not so good things:

Service is slow....this is their culture (After a couple of days, I was accustomed to it)

Resort is showing age and needs to be cleaned up, repaired and painted

All Inclusive is a must here. The restaurants are VERY expensive. We were AI, thank goodness. If we had not been AI, our evening meal (for 2 people) each night would have cost a minimum of $200...then there was lunch, breakfast, snacks, etc. DO THE ALL INCLUSIVE!

Our room was disgusting due to several things. I will post a few pictures. I talked with the front desk the first full day. I was informed there was nothing they could do for me. (Yet the other wedding guests and wedding party had very nice rooms),

NOTE ON FIRST PHOTO - (this is the worst!!!) AC vent was covered with dirt and BLACK MOLD!! The air blew right on us when in bed. The pillows and blankets smelled like mold. NOT healthy. I put cotton balls drenched with Lysol in the vent in an attempt to make the moldy smell less.

I believe this resort will be getting a new General Manager. Hopefully, things will be improved.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 448
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank DEE B
SKMarriott, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear DeeBurdette

Please convey sincere congratulations to the happy couple from our entire St Kitts Marriott family. Our in-house Wedding Planner does an outstanding job from start to finish with exceptional attention to detail

We do appreciate you providing your feedback as it is invaluable in assisting us to improve our services moving forward. I sincerely apologize that this attention to detail was not conveyed throughout your entire stay. We are happy that you took advantage of our All Inclusive package as we try to accommodate all budgets while staying with us. Just so you know the average check in our specialty restaurants during the month of May was way below $100. I would also like to once again to apologize about the issues with your room. Just as with our All Inclusive packages we offer many different room categories and guests can be upgraded based on availability.

Once again Thank you very much for feedback it is much appreciated and I look forward to the opportunity to host you once again whenever your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed five nights and enjoyed it. Nice beach on the Atlantic side, so its usually windy, man made reef, so waves aren't too bad. Never had a problem getting beach chairs. Bar drinks were good, food fair, rooms nice. Staff were very friendly with a few exceptions in restaurants, but nothing bad. If you want a full service resort on St Kitts, this is probably your best bet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MOShepp
SKMarriott, General Manager at St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hello MOShepp

Thanks for sharing with us your feedback and thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We came to the Marriott for the day off the cruise ship. All the beaches are public, so they can't stop you going on the beach, but we didn't want to be too brazen and use facilities that we shouldn't, however, I feel we probably could have, without any problem.

The people we came across were lovely. A maintenance guy who passed us on the road gave us a lift all through the grounds to the beach, after we asked him directions! How lovely of him was that - we felt like we were royalty arriving! My husband had a massage on the beach from a lovely girl, for a reasonable fee. We also ate at the poolside restaurant, and though not cheap, didn't break the bank and we were served by friendly staff and the food was very good. We did have a very long wait, but hey, we're in the Caribbean!! One tip though, you can't pay by cash, only card!

Taxis were plenty, waiting at the entrance to take a quick, easy ride back to the ship.

This beach/hotel is definitely worth a visit for the day - lovely, clean, sandy beach, with no rocks/pebbles to negotiate to enter the water, unlike Frigate Bay Beach!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey there DebsWeston

Fantastic to hear that you chose to spend your few hours on St Kitts with us. Thanks for the comments about our associates, they truly are the stars of the resort and go out of their way to ensure all our guests feel welcomed. Sorry for the wait at our Bohemia Restaurant at times it can get very crowded however the festive and fun atmosphere makes the wait time almost like an added bonus. Did you try some of the local specials that have just been added to the menu, we have been getting rave reviews? We are a cashless resort, as we have found it to be one less thing to worry about while on vacation.
I am glad that our hospitality partners the taxi drivers enhanced your day on island. They are a fun group filled with information about local traditions and folklore
Thanks for spending a day with us we hope to see you again in the future, hopefully for a longer stay where you can really enjoy our Kittitian Hospitality

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two weeks (10th to 24th May) in room 418. The room was large, quiet and well furnished with a wonderful view of the ocean and resort. The beds were very comfortable and we were impressed with the furnishings.
All the staff made us feel like valued guests, some even greeting us by name especially Sherima (guest services), Jennifer (Royal Grill) and Diane (Lobby bar). We worked our way through the cocktail menu and especially enjoyed Latasha's contributions.
May is a quiet time for the hotel and the island, which suited us. We spent a lot of time by the delightful North Pool, which on occasions we had to ourselves. The beach is very wide and long and you can walk for quite a long way along the shoreline which made for a very pleasant late afternoon stroll. The offshore reef calms the sea and the snorkeling is great, we saw turtles, sting rays and lots of colourful fish.
We were on an All Inclusive package so we ate all our meals in the hotel. All the restaurants were very good and the food well cooked and presented and we were particularly impressed with the cleanliness of the cutlery, china and glassware.
St Kitts is beautiful and we did lots of trips to see the sights. Out recommendation would be to find yourself a good taxi driver (I can recommend an excellent one that we 'found' at Port Zante) and go independently of the organised tours. We like to spend time at these places and not be rushed which we were able to do as our driver, Lyndon, was happy to wait for us. All the taxis are licensed and the fares set by the Government so you know what the charges will be.
To sum up we had a fabulous, stress free holiday and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Marriott Resort and the islands of St Kitts & Nevis to anyone.

Room Tip: High floor in the main building with a sea view. If you can afford a suite on fifth floor then go fo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbsT2014

Hello there Barbs

Thank You! Thank You! We cannot say Thank you enough. There was a cheer that went up around the resort when this was read to the associates, if you were listening, am sure you would have heard it. This will be the source for extra smiles and handshakes for the entire week ahead.
We are glad that you had the opportunity to join us here in St Kitts and enjoy what we had to offer. Our resort is indeed blessed with our location and facilities and even those creatures from the deep who have decided to make us a part of their underwater family. However the greatest of our blessings have been our associates. They are truly the foundation of what has made this resort a success.
We hope you can join us again and would like to send you a special greeting from our Entire St Kitts Marriott Family!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frigate Bay
#4 of 4 in Frigate Bay
Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club

Been to St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino? Share your experiences!