The short version is that for cruise goers who want a really relaxed, safe environment to simply unwind for 5-6 hours, this is your place. This is especially true for families with children. This place really has it all. There are 3 pools, the water is calm (see below), and there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas. I have no idea what other people are talking about when they give the Marriott low ratings. This is the perfect place to spend the day in St. Kitts if you are traveling with your family.
My family and I visited St. Kitts on July 13 during a stop on our cruise. For frame of reference, my party included: my wife and me (early 40s), our two boys (10 & 7), and my mom (late 60s). For starters, the Marriott has a lot of room to spread out. During our stay, if you wanted a covered cabana on the beach with chairs--no problem. If you wanted to sit poolside--no problem. In this post, I hope to answer a few questions for cruise folks that I had to scour the internet for:
1. Cost: The day pass is $35 per person. My kids did not have to pay. I do not know the age cut-off between adults and children. For this price, you get the full use of the facilities and 10% off food and beverage.
2. Lunch: Plan on spending about $25 per person for lunch.
3. Cab Ride: This was really simple. Just walk out from the cruise ship. There are people in orange vests. Just tell one of them you want to go the Marriott and off you go. The cost is $15 (not including tip) and takes about 15 minutes.
4. Ocean: Okay, here is one of my biggest hang-ups about some of the posts on Trip Advisor and why I almost passed taking this absolutely fantastic day trip. Some posts mention the rough surf. This is 100% false. I live on the East Coast and have gone to the Maryland shore, Jersey shore, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, etc. We go the Outer Banks every summer, as well. The ocean is about as "rough" as Hilton Head or Myrtle. Now, I say "rough" with a grain of salt, mind you. My kids do swim team, but are certainly not little Michael Phelps' in training. Did I watch them in the water? Absolutely, but what parent doesn't watch their 10 & 7 year old in the ocean? Lastly, the water at the Marriott is warm, warm, warm. This was the warmest water of all of the ports we hit (St. Thomas, Curacao, and Aruba).
5. Restrooms: I know this is a big deal for you moms out there (guys, not so much). The facilities are clean. It's a Marriott.
6. Hotel Staff: The people are very warm and friendly. Everyone had a big smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino St. Kitts And Nevis