Where do I start? Second trip to St. Kitts Marriott Resort.
This was a great stay from start to finish. We traveled with other couples which made the adventure great fun.
Check in was fast and our bags actually beat us to our room. WELL, ok so we went straight to the poolside bars. The poolside bars make great tropical concoctions.
Walking out the back of the lobby you are in an open atrium that faces the property, pools, resturants, and finally the Ocean.
All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. They appear to want to make sure that you have a great experience. Or maybe they want to be sure to get good reviews???
The rooms are spacious, modern and extremely clean.
The selection of resturants on the property is so great that you do not have to leave the hotel to find a menu that satisfies. Everything that we has was well prepared both steaks and seafood.
One evening the manager held a reception for Marriott Rewards members and the whole management staff was there to greet and welcome us.
Please remember that this hotel is on the ocean side of the island so there is usually a slight breeze coming in off of the water, this is pleasant when you are at the pools, in the atrium etc. But we suggest that you make use of the beachside chairs when you are on the beach. If you try to lie on a towel in the sand you will find yourself slightly more sandy than when you first lay down. The waves are great for just playing and body surfing in the beautiful clear water. The beach is virtually yours in both directions and not at all crowded.
Take advantage of the concierge desk. They can make reservations for trips and transportation and they make things a lot easier knowing on the front end what everything will cost.
We strongly suggest that you take time to go on the full zipline trip. But make sure that you go on a day when the cruise ships are not in port. If you go early you are not crowded or rushed and your guides will make sure that you have a great time. We have ridden other ziplines but these are by far the best we have been on.
If you are going to the seafood shacks directly across the island you can take a five minute taxi ride or walk about half an hour. Make sure to ask at the desk if they are going to be open when you get there-- we didn't the first time but it was a fun walk anyway.
Oh yes---if some guy with a baby monkey comes up and offers to let you pet it --don't do it unless you want to get hit up for $20 for taking pictures with the monkey --after you are finished.
The golf course is a couple of minutes ride away but we did not play it so I can't comment on it.
This was one of those memorable trips that we want to repeat again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino St. Kitts And Nevis