“Good value for money”
Review of Crossways Inn

Crossways Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Highbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights the rooms have been refurbished and was done to a high standad.The food was good and the breakfast excellent with very fieindly staff .The pub needs a bit of TLC but they are doing this as the toilets have been done to a very high standad would go back again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We did not stay at this hotel but went for the annual bank holiday beer festival. A good selection of ales in a good location with entertainment laid on. A play area was provided at the rear of the beer tent to keep the grandkids amused while my son and I enjoyed the ales and the music. The beer tent was in the back garden of the pub. A large car park is provided across the road from the pub for the designated driver, wife, babysitter who accompanied us on this trip. A good day out was had and some fine ales consumed. There was a stall selling hot pork rolls and a display of live owls which seemed quite happy to sit while kids handled them for a small donation towards the owl sanctuary. Will be going back next year and may stay over as the wife says she would like to have a drink next time and I certainly won't be offering to drive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had this pub recommended to us by the receptionist at the Days Inn (M5) whilst driving around looking for a room last minute after a day at the beach.
We had a lovely welcome and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Lovely new rooms, massive bed & bath room. We had a lovely meal from a great looking menu & some great real ale to accompany it. My 3yr old son loved the play area which is secure and safe. The staff really made a fuss of us and my son in particular, not charging us for two bottles of milk before we headed off to bed and giving him seconds at breakfast the next morning. As for the breakfast, all i can say is eggs benedict mmmmmm...!
Overall, a lovely find, and one which i can whole'heartedly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at Crossways for 3 nights and were thoroughly delighted with the room, food, staff helpfulness and friendly locals.

The owners had thought of everything to make you comfortable, including, safe, electric fan, extra comfy pillows iron and ironing board etc. The bathroom was large and well equipped.Food and service excellent. Would definitely go again if in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 which had huge double bed no view to talk of but that is more than made up for b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Booked this room last minute as we wanted somewhere to stay. The room itself was lovely and the bathroom newly refurbished to a high standard with a double shower. The bed wasn't the most comfortable; too springy for my liking but that's just personal taste.

The service really let our experience down. At check in things were just all a bit rushed to get us to our room quickly. They couldn't find my booking which I had made almost 3 hours earlier; eventually they did. Then when we were shown to our room it was a twin when we had requested a double. So we vacated for a while for this to be put right. On our return we had been told when initially shown to our room that the TV was equipped with Freeview. However; we tried time and again but couldn't get the TV to work at all.

On check out we went to hand our room key and were asked if were joining for breakfast. Unfortunately, if the job was done properly on check-in to make guests aware of breakfast times etc. we may have got up a little bit earlier to make a proper start to the day.

Disappointed for £65!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingCritique
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have recently completed an End-to-End cycle ride, and this is one of the B&Bs I stayed in. My plan was to stay in privately owned facilities, rather than chains.

This is a great place to stay, I’ll be back to this B&B again. There was a place to park my bike overnight, under the stairs in the accommodation – only accessed by a key card. The room was big and spacious. Think Premier Inn, or Travel Lodge, but with a bit of personality and individuality.
The staff were great. Unfortunately, I was being chased by work – while on a break, and needed to print and sign a document. No problem for the staff – sorted in a jiffy.
I needed to wash out my water bottles. No problem, done in a sec, and a little tot of lime cordial, just to help take the plastic taste off the water.
My evening meal was a selection of my favourites from the started menu, not a problem for this team.
Good Quality and Good VFM, I’ll happily recommend this B&B and I’ll be staying there again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Very nice modern, clean room, comfy bed. The breakfast was excellent with friendly service. I didn't have an evening meal but the beer range was good! Very good value for money, a nice find, highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highbridge
The Royal Clarence Hotel
4 mi away
No photo provided
Greenacre Place
#2 of 3 in Highbridge

Been to Crossways Inn? Share your experiences!