“Too Much”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There are people who enjoy this kind of restaurant, but for me it is way over the top. To many truffles, too much cream and brandy, followed by a truely magnificent bill. I live not far away but one meal chez Bruno was one too much for me.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

So I had the amazing privilege of cooking with Chef Benjamin Bruno - head chef of Chez Bruno restaurant at Lorgues, France as part of a cooking class.
Let's put aside just for a minute the actual fact that it was a cooking class and focus on the actual thing: the food. We had 5 absolutely AMAZING dishes! from the very first scrambled egg with black truffles dish (not sure that it is even in the menu), through the lobster ravioli and white truffles and the lamb fillet minion, up to the very last super surprising dessert - Truffle Ice Cream. I would have give this place the 6th star if I could.
As for the cooking class: Chef Benjamin Bruno, who is actually the son of the well known Chef Bruno was so friendly, open and professional. The whole experience we had that day at the restaurant was just as if it was taken from a TV show. One of the best experiences I had for a very long time! SUPER RECOMMENDED to all food lovers and/or amateur cooks like me.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were invited by friends and we all took the menue degustation, because even if the price is €190 per person, we want to taste everything, and it was an absolute disaster. The food tasted like mass production, the sauces so heavy and just Creme double tasting, the steak not real good tasting, and the absolute horror, the truffle , why we have chosen this restaurant, we're hard and non tasting. The restaurant and the staff were really very nice, but we eat a lot in very good and expensive restaurants, but this never happened to us before. Sorry, but that's our opinion. By the way, the next day we were in Alain Ducasse restaurant in the Hostellerie Abbeye de la Celle, and there it was real magnificent.

2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hello,

I've been in Bruno for more than 17 years now, usually two times a year. I've been travelling all over the world, eating bad truffles in so many places! And except few little addresses in Italy for whites ones but where you get only fresh pastas in an ugly decor, BRUNO is the place for truffle lovers.
The place itself is so charming, an old "batisse" from the 19th century in the middle of a wineyard.
If you like tables in kitchen, for 2 only, one of the greatest experience of my life!
Prices are more than fair for the type of products you get.
It's family owned which means family treat: warm. Bruno is a special character, you like him or not it's your own point of view!
Wine list is effective: serious names prices ok.
Seriously in London or Paris you will pay at least twice the price and the product would never smell that good!! You will never eat that much truffle in your life!!! Everything is completely covered with it!!!
Trust me if there's one restaurant that you have to try when you visit the Riviera is this one!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had an amazing truffle lunch yesterday at Provence's most famous truffle restaurant, Chez Bruno in Lorgues. Pictured here is bacon, foie gras and whole summer truffle (which had been frozen) inside a popover with a truffle bordelaise sauce. Must try to make at home!