“family wedding.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lorgues
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“family wedding.”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

stunning hotel...surroundings are breathtaking in a.peaceful lcation.excellent choice for a wedding
reception.attention to detail in the bedrooms is well thought out.loved the macaroons on arrival with a wine from the vineyard.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The visit to the restaurant "L'Orangerie" was this time just as it should be: Excellent! Having been to the restaurant several times over the past few years it became somewhat disappointing to see that the high standard was diminishing somewhat. However, the visit we had in October proved to be of the old standard.
A fantastic meal - The menu "Passion and Decouverte" and with the domaines wine to assist in making the dinner just delicious.
And the service this time: Top standard! Everyone was doing their best, was smiling and observant - you felt wellcome as a guest and was taken care of in a nice way.
I was there with friends - they had also been there before - and we all agreed: This was really GOOD, difficult to do better!
Thank you - and we will be back several times in 2013! Happy New Year to Chateau de Berne.

Room Tip: We were not staying overnight. Just having dinner in the excellent restaurant "L'Orangerie...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynge T
Ascot, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2012

After spending 2yrs looking at various Chateau's in Europe, I came across Chateau de Berne.. It stood out to me, due to its unique quiet location in Provence. No matter where you stand in the grounds of the Chateau all you see if the Provence Landscape, dominated by its vineyards and trees. The Chateau is accredited with Ralais Chateau 5 stars, 19 rooms of pure luxury.

During Oct 2012 I took every room at the Chateau and invited all my friends to celebrate my 50th birthday. We had a Champagne reception outside on the Terrace by the pool and then moved in the Cave for Dinner, the room was stunning with panoramic views over the cellars. We had 4 courses and the service was out standing, the night flowed to my plan and 56 meals turned out delicious and hot. The dinner was accompanied with fine wines from the Chateau. The arrangements from the Staff was brilliant, so personal and special, even down to the amazing flowers, which I put my trust in the Chateau to arrange.

Due to me taking every room for the weekend. I had he opportunity to view most of them, all unique and luxurious. I have to stay I would of been happy to sleep in any one of them. Spacious, comfy beds, fluffy white gowns, even a basket with flip flops to use by the pool. But best of all, complete silence at night and waking up to the magnificent views.. TDF!

I would strongly recommend the Chateau for a private function or even and quiet relaxing weekend. I shall return soon!

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and stay in "Olivier Room" The grand suite! So spacious, you get the sun mo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Miriam R
Paris
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We spent 4 days in this luxurious property in the very heart of a vegeterian paradise !!
Staff in this hotel is so friendly, available and responded 200% to our expectations, so that my wife and I felt so much at home!! The Orangerie restaurant and cuisine is one of the finest in the region and deserves a Michelin distinction (at least 1 star... !). We shall recommend this hotel in the middle of the wineyards to anyone looking for a genuine provençal lifestyle experience....
Upscale Club sandwich and delicatessen Burger would be most appreciated at the Bouscarelle outside Brasserie ! Indeed, we will be back next year !! Million thanks to the whole team at Château de Berne and WELL DONE !!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have visited the de luxe restaurant L'Orangerie in Chateau de Berne many times over the years, since I have a house in Lorgues. The quality of the place is normally very good. But we had a very bad experience in July. Decided to go there again in august and this time it was excellent. Food quality and wines were excellent.
Some of the waiters are superb, but there is one or two who do not really know what they are doing. At the visit in july a waitress spilled wine first in my plate, and did not change the plate. then she later spilled wine all over the table and did nothing, not even excuse.
The same waitress was there at our visit in august. this time she poured a redwine in a glass and some small insect was in it. she very quickly removed the glass and continued then to pour the same wine in this glass. I asked: What was the insect. she said: That was a mosquito! Then I said: You have now poured the same wine in a new glass and also in the glasses of the 3 other guests at this table. should you not change all glasses and mayby also change the bottle of wine?
She then did it, but again no excuse.
Such experience is not ok for a restaurant with this quality and with the level of pricing.
I give it one more chance now in October, just because the food is fine and the surroundings so nice. but his time it should be without such bad experiences as seen during the past two visits.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Château De Berne this past August for 1 night (we actually got married there). The property is beautiful and the drive there is an experience within itself. The property is immaculate and the staff are incredibly helpful. We stayed in a suite that was bigger than our condo. It was really comfortable, had a gorgeous soaker tub, and a private garden area. We had the most amazing meal we've ever had, it was maybe 10 courses of the best things you ever ate. If you decide to do dinner there (it's expensive but VERY worth it), I suggest eating nothing before dinner, because you will be sad if you cant finish one of the tasty dishes. The service was flawless and all dishes were paired with wines from the Berne vineyard.A great place to celebrate a special occasion, I certainly hope to return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Lorgues, france
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We live in Lorgues and have had many good dinners there, but have noticed a steady decline in bth service and food, while the prices have gone opposit. The bottom was reached at a dinner there om August 15 (French national day)
It took us more than a half hour to just get the menus, since they did not have enough to go around. The best part part of the meal was the free appertizer, the rest was less than mediocre. We had chosen the meny with wine for € 110.00 and we were surprised to find they served the opening price point wine of both white and red wine. The food could be matched by any number of local restaurants menu for 20-25 €, and the service was not only very slow and inattentive, it was even rude from a wine stuart that did not know her job very well.
We would love to have a a really great restaurant in our area, but this one is quickly going downhill.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Leif O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lorgues
La Bastide de Tourtour
La Bastide de Tourtour
#1 of 4 in Tourtour
La Bastide du Calalou
La Bastide du Calalou
#1 of 1 in Moissac-Bellevue
Hostellerie de l'Abbaye de la Celle
Moulin de la Camandoule
Hostellerie Des Gorges De Pennafort
Chateau de Trigance
Chateau de Trigance
#1 of 2 in Trigance

Been to Chateau de Berne? Share your experiences!