“Friendly campsite in a great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moret-sur-Loing
Camping Les Courtilles Du Lido
“Friendly campsite in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We booked a last minute rental here for two nights at the end of our holiday. The two bed mobile home had a lodge feel about it and was on a large secluded plot. It was well equiped and had a great decking area outdide. Ot cost @€100 a night which was gine gor s family of 4. The camping plots looked good - large and secluded, as did the other facilities and heated pool although not used by us. The English speaking proprietors were extremely helpful and friendly. We visited the nearby Chateau at Fontainebleau and walked into the forest from the campsite. We were advised on where to park for free for a trip to Paris which is less than an hour away. We will definitely return to camp next year and spend more time exploring the forest.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Dorisontour2016

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

When agreeing to a 3-week trip around France with my boyfriend, spending much of it camping, I think I was drunk on the first flushes of love. When reality hit home, and I remembered that I’d only camped once before - without much pleasure - dread struck my heart.

How very lucky I was then, that our first stop off the ferry was Les Courtilles Du Lido in Fontainbleu. I’d never imagined a perfect campsite, I had MUCH better things to think about – wine and cheese mostly, (can you work out why we went to France?!) – but with hindsight, if I had, it would be a blueprint for this place.

We were received with a very friendly welcome. A good start. We were free to choose our own pitch, something I have since learnt is very important to me: everyone has their own priorities when pitching their home for the night. Or two. We drove around the small plot, and settled on a quiet looking pitch, close enough to the facilities for my pea-sized bladder (a very small garden pea), yet not on anyone’s route to the wash house.

Most of the pitches (including ours) were hedged on 3 sides, providing that privacy so starkly lacking in many campsites. I was over the moon with it! After a much needed dip in the reasonably sized pool, setting up our washing line on the handy tree to dry our swimmers, and lighting the fire to cook food, I settled back on our makeshift picnic blanket (an old sheet) and thought to myself, “I can do this camping lark’!

The facilities were good. Very good. Starting with the entertainment, we filled our fun boots in the aforementioned swimming pool, the crazy golf, tennis, and ping pong (ok, table tennis).

Then there was the shower block. Spacious, reasonably warm showers, plenty of sinks for washing up, washing oneself, and washing ones clothes. Cubicles with sinks and power proved handy for hair straighteners (I told you I don’t do camping), and I never had to queue for any of the facilities. I had a strict rule that neither of us would go to the toilet alone in the night (of course this was mainly for my benefit), and I was grateful of the short hop over the driveway to empty the pea.

There was free wifi available, although we found that we couldn’t always get it from our pitch, so we’d take a walk up to reception to connect. Speaking of reception, every morning fresh bread, baguettes, croissant, pain au chocolate and more were available to hungry campers at a very good price.

We were scheduled to stay one night, but that quickly turned to two, as we didn’t want to risk turning up at a lesser campsite the next night, favouring instead the option to get up early on the third day and head to our destination. It proved to be one of the best decisions of the trip. Whilst I felt very lucky to have found this gem of a site, it sadly ruined me for the rest of the holiday, as we stayed at a variety of inferior sites. Only two campsites came close to comparison, but none topped the holiday opener, which we will become a staple stop of any future trip we make to France.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrswombat1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moret-sur-Loing
Novotel Fontainebleau Ury
#1 of 3 in Barbizon
Camping Ile de Boulancourt
Camping Ile de Boulancourt
#1 of 1 in Boulancourt

Been to Camping Les Courtilles Du Lido? Share your experiences!