Le Bailli de Suffren
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Les Terrasses du Bailli(Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer)
View Hotel
Hotel de la Plage(Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer)
La Villa Douce(Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer)
Les Lauriers Roses(Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer)
Beau Site(Le Lavandou)
View Hotel
Residence Le Mas(Le Lavandou)
  • Pool
Le Cap Negre(Le Lavandou)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Maya(Cavalaire-Sur-Mer)
View Hotel
All reviewsst tropezreception staffsea viewlovely hoteltwo nightslarge terracefrench rivieranice poolheated swimming poolper nightsuffrenbalconywaitresscomfortdetailsproductsrelaxation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Do not stay at this hotel at all costs. The view from our balcony was great but other than that the experience was horrible. The appliances in the room worked did not work. The shower was broken and I had to hold the shower head above my head to have a shower. The most appalling thing was my laptop and credit cards were stolen from inside my room. It is hard not to feel violated when somone comes into your room and takes your belongings. They did not take everything but only the valuables which means they obviously knew what they were doing. I reported the theft to reception and they nonchalantly told me they were merely reception and they could not call the police or anything and that I should wait for the manager. I left the hotel a few days ago and after a few calls, I have still not heard a word from the manager/manageress. I have not heard any feedback as to if they are investigatng or even an apology. So unless you want to spend your hard earned break liying awake worrying about your belongings being stolen I would suggest trying another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Mathew C
Reviewed 19 September 2013

It's a great hotel that offers really luxurious accommodation, close enough to St Tropez, to make it a wise decision - as you wont be able to get a hotel of this level in actual St Tropez.

It's situated on a beautiful coastline, with a gorgeous view of the sea. It has a little private beach - but if you're imagining white sand and long stretches of beach - not right for you. The hotel is in a bay, with a little private pebble beach.

Great pool - with a spectacular view. Staff are terrific - great English and very helpful. We needed help planning our route back to Paris, and they spent ages booking trains for us.

I cant comment on the food - we didn't eat here. And only stayed one night, so again, I may not be the best source of info if you are looking to stay for a week. We did look at some other hotels along the coastline, which were priced almost double (as much as 700 euros a night), and weren't as classy as this hotel.

I recommend it as a treat to explore the coastline and to be close to St Tropez. If you feel like indulging a bit, this is a great place to go.

Room Tip: We didnt pay the 140 odd euro premium for a sea view, but had a lovely room and spent time at the pool, so sea view not crucial. However, if you plan on staying for several days, you may want the sea view room - the view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danisilbermann
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Arriving at the hotel you are immediately taken by that little extra called "waauw holiday feeling in style". Very kind and helpful staff, nice hotel, our room really had an amazing "sea view". Looking from our terras we discovered all the nice colors of the clear mediterranean sea. The hotel is part of a real privileged decor of quietness and beautiful nature.
Accomodation: Rooms are good sized, provided by all comfort. A gastronomic restaurant, nice heated swimming pool surrounded by a terras that overlooks the sea. Pool bar. Beachbar / restaurant with private sandy beach and free beds, matrasses and towels for guests. Parking for cars just in front of the hotel.
Location: very quiet, but only 25 km from St-Tropez and 20 km from Le Lavandou. Cavalaire-sur-Mer and Cavalière are very nearby. Centre of Le Rayol 1 km.
A short chat with the fresh new manager monsieur Dulac learned us that he is filled with smart ideas, just to offer the maximum of comfort to his guests. So we will sure return to this little piece of heaven that is probably located at one of the most beautiful spots from the Cote d'azur.

Room Tip: Room with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SROGI
Eric D, Directeur général at Le Bailli de Suffren, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
We have passed your comments and compliments to the staff. Everybody here is very proud that we made your holidays really special.
We can't wait to welcome you again "in our hidden treasure"

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My partner, a friend and I all had cocktails at Le Bailli de Suffren and, whilst those cocktails were perfectly lovely, they were absolutely tiny and basically lasted two mouthfuls. For the premium price, I would really have liked to have a proper sized drink.

My other slight complaint is that the terrace doesn't have a no-smoking area (in reality it should all be no smoking but this is France, I suppose), which meant that every time I tried to sip my cocktail I had a mouthful of smoke from the hilariously camp smoking eastern European woman to my left. Not really the hotel's fault but, as I intimated, a no-smoking area would mean that guests who don't smoke don't have to endure the bad habits of others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CLHScott
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Really, really disappointing hotel.
Booked for 5 nights as part of a weeks trip.
We stayed at Villa Marie for the first few nights and got exactly what we would expect from a 5* hotel. Le Bailli de Suffren fell well below what we would expect from a 4*. It seemed more like a cheap hotel on the coast of Spain. Ugly building block plonked on the coastline.
Yes the location and what you look over is stunning but the hotel is just not good enough for a 4* .
I think the problem is the charges leave you expecting a very good 4* and in reality it is probably an average 3.
Lovely location with balconies over looking the sea but it just doesn't compenasate for the overall feel of the hotel (even the balcony dividers again make it all just feel a bit cheap).
The food was appalling (my two year old who eats everything barely touched what she was given), I had the club sandwich which was cold toast, cold meat and eggs that tasted and felt like it had been made in the morning and put in the fridge.
The room was clean and tidy but had none of the touches you would expect. Shower over the bath? Seriously? There wasn't even room for them to be able to put the suitcases on a rack.
I have never left a hotel without staying before and we lost the deposit but better to enjoy the rest of the holiday than stay somewhere that simply wasn't up to scratch.
If you have high standards for a hotel and normally stay only 4 or 5 star then this is really not the place for you. We chose this hotel after reading some of the other reviews. I can only think that these people stayed on a super cheap deal and so got what they expected and are not used to a 4/5 star or they aren't to be believed.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family