“Fantastic evening meal in their picturesque garden”
Review of Restaurant Getaria

Restaurant Getaria
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Guethary
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Truly can't rate this restaurant highly enough , it was a truly wonderful find highly recommended by our hotel.
We were welcomed by Thomas,who once he knew I had hurt my back, brought me a cushion for my back.
The menu was extensive and truly tempting.
Sadly neither my husband nor Imthought we could manage three or four courses, so we chose the turnout and then cheese,
The chef sent out the 'amuse bouche de la maison' with a basket of bread, and it was absolutely delicious. Sitting in the beautiful peaceful garden surrounded by trees lights and a running water feature was pure magic!
Our turbot was the best I have ever tasted. My husband loved his cheese, sadly I was very full, but shared mine with the friendly resident cat,
we were served mostly by Carl who was excellent, explaining each dish he served.
Thomas also helped me through the garden to ensure I could negotiate any uneven surfaces. Their care and courtesy was phenomenal. The food exceptional, congratulations to all concerned and a very big thank you

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Pretty little town and this is the friendly diamond in the middle. The staff were so friendly we felt we wanted to return every time we are in the town. Could not have had better service and a more relaxing night, thank you for your friendliness.
Rob & Elaine

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Guethary (and probably would have gone again but they shut for 4 days at the end of the season). Unpretentious but delicious, inventive gastronomic cuisine. Friendly and welcoming staff and amazing chef (who is World runner up for his famous Pate en Croute). Loved the duck with truffle flakes, marinaded tuna, pate en Croute, poisson maigre & fish stew with consomme. Yum! Don't miss this if you're in the region - we'll be going back!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Visited the restaurant with the whole family. If you can in the summer book a table in the garden at the back as it is really cosy.

The food was extraordinary. A lot of food is really good, but i insist that the one at this restaurant was extraordinary. The chef is brilliant. I would recommend to any gourmets.

We were celebrating as well so ahead of time we called to ask for a special desert and they made us the best cake i have ever had.

If you can afford it, you certainly will not regret it. Great restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

A small restaurant in the village of guethary, the pate en croute is the signature dish but the food us very good and the service is superb. The price is not cheap but good value , well worth a visit.