“great confit duck!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Monpazier
Price range: US$24 - US$42
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“great confit duck!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We ate here on our first night of our return visit to Monpazier, so we could have our fix of the Perigord classics...foie gras and confit duck. This restaurant makes excellent versions of both! I also cannot go past their oeufs cocotte, which are superb. A really enjoyable place for a quiet dining experience at a reasonable price in this lovely village.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank rosemaryoz

South Yorkshire, England
“Delightful lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very smart restaurant, and a pleasure to eat in it.  We went for lunch in market day and had the day's menu at 21.50 euros.  Three well presented courses.  None of them too big, but all very good.  Not cheap for lunch, but in our opinion well worth the money.  One comment, the service was good but the proprietor was fussing around a lot, and only seemed interested in some of his customers and ignored others.  Didn't give a very good impression.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WTT1966
La Canada Flintridge, California
“First rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Excellent service with food to match. One of the best in Monpazier (along with Elonore). Food well prepared and creative menu. Well worth the fair price for both wine and food.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank weiss782
Victoria, Canada
“Lovely location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This restaurant is on the main street walking toward the main square in Montpazier. We went to Montpazier thinking that there was a medieval festival starting. We were incorrect as the festival was to start the next day. We decided to have lunch at this restaurant because the court yard looked very nice from the street. It was very busy however we were given a small table in the back corner. My partner had the salad suggestion which was foie gras. He said it was excellent. I had a omelette and wished I knew my french better or at least had my dictionary with me. I thought it came with onions but in reality it was mushrooms (cepes which are country mushrooms). Unfortunately I don't eat these and by the time I removed them from my omelette I did not have much lunch. The omelette was slightly undercooked as well though not enough to send it back. It was accompanied with fried potatoes which were very good. Overall, I was not impressed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank klynnr
Oxford
“Great Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had an excellent 3 course set lunch here - plenty of good food that was particularly beautifully arranged - in the courtyard with pleasant service. There are places with a better view but the food at the price here is a bargain.

Visited August 2013