“On a role with good accomodation!”

La Torretta Cheap & Chic
Ranked #1 of 8 Zanica B&B and Inns
Perachora, Greece
“On a role with good accomodation!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A score of 9.5 out of 10 from 43 reviews on another website, and being just a few minutes from Orio Al Serio Airport, Bergamot, Italy (or Milan according to some airlines) was the sole reason I booked La Torretta Chip & Chic

What I expected was a good experience, what I received was even better.
Before my arrival I received an Email asking if I required collection from the airport (€5 each way) and obviously I gladly accepted. As good as her word Monica met us and conveyed us the short journey to the 16th century former farmstead (?) which has been tastefully converted to about 6 en-suite rooms, where we were immediately offered a cooling glass of water.
Up one flight of marble stairs, our room had everything we required, including air-con and free wi-fi.
Having a few hours spare, and fancying a little tourism, we were so pleased with the offer of being dropped off in the wonderful nearby (10 mins) city of Bergamo and being collected a couple of hours later (charge).
Monica succeeded yet again with her suggestion of walking about 100 yards around to the left of the B & B to eat at the Poncinvs Restaurante where being Friday unfortunately “only Pizza was available”. Yet another understatement, this time by the gentleman waiting on!
Probably the best pizza ever, matched only by the quality of the red wine, left a hole the size of a €30 note in my pocket in order to feed two people. A free gift of Nutella upon a pizza base was something I’m still getting to grips with. I don’t like Nutella. It doesn’t go on a pizza base. Why did we both finish every last morsel but could not actually finish the pizza?
This B & B is ideally located very close to both the airport and the main A4 E16 Milan to Verona motorway, making a convenient stop for those travelling on.
For those with a credit card Bergamo hosts some wonderful shops and allegedly one of the largest shopping malls in Europe.

Room Tip: Let the shower runs for quite a while before the hot water arrives. I enjoyed the cooling shower to...