“Beautiful location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Connel
Mactalla Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 8 Connel B&B and Inns
Asheville, North Carolina
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Close to Oban but in a very quiet little town by the sea. The view from the B&B was spectacular. The room was very basic but clean and the food was great. I'd highly recommend a cool little pub for dinner -- The Ferryman's of Connel. Food was great and atmosphere enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SJStClaire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Birmingham
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I have stayed at Mactalla before briefley but was so impressed there was no question that I would stay anywhere else whilst in the area. The accomodation is in a lovely position in Connel, not far from Oban and a good base for exploring the area or breaking your journey. There is a bus stop very close to the front door and plenty of parking space available. Mactalla is spotlessly clean and evey attention is given to all sorts of details. There is a wide choice of room types available but I opted for a little single room with separate bathroom. There are 2 sepatate spotless bathrooms and 3 toilets so you are not likely to be kept waiting. This was ideal for my purposes and had a lovely view over the water. Lloyd also very kindly brought me a tray to make tea and coffee. There is a spacious sitting room with plenty of seating and a real open fire when it's cold. Binoculars and a telescope to look at the wildlife from the window and a huge collection of fascinating books. Breakfast is lovely in another spacious room and there is a huge choice of what to have. Delicious. I bought myself some smoked fish from the local Inverawe smokery and they didnt mind one bit preparing it for my breakfast. If you don't want to go far for supper then the Glue Pot is within walking distance and is an excellent place for food and drink. I would highly recommend this lovely B&B and I look forward to returning on my next Scottish trip.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Staffordshire
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed at Mactalla last year and we were more than happy to revisit this delightful B&B again when my wife accompanied me on a business trip to nearby Oban.
Mactalla is clean, inviting, friendly and relaxed. Although we didn't have the luxury of an en-suite bathroom as we did last year, room 6 was pleasant enough with wash basin and the usual tea/coffee making faciliies.
Lloyd is a great host (haven't met Ruth as yet but I'm sure she's there somewhere) and the breakfast is the best I can remember having at any hotel or B&B.
The view from the front of Mactalla is spectacular - try and go there in the summer so you can have afternoon tea outside.
I would recommend Mactalla to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Ferrara, Italy
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We slept one night at Mactalla Guest House in Connel. The room was clean and tidy with a greate view on the loch. Kettle with tea/coffee and biscuits were available. Basin in the room, toilet and shower were shared but clean as well. A big room on the ground floor was available for guests with TV and book. Breakfast was served in a nearby room: a buffet with cereals, fruits and fruit salad was available, cooked breakfast available on request.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
#2 of 8 in Connel
Ards House
Ards House
#4 of 8 in Connel

Been to Mactalla Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!