Falls Of Lora
bedfinder
US$209
US$181
Toprooms.com
Muthu Alexandra Hotel(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$131
Agoda.com
US$273
Official Site
All reviewsfour poster bedtraditional hotelold world charmold fashionedresidents loungecocktail baropen fireno liftbreakfast roomstayed for one nightloch etivefriendly hotelcooked breakfastconnel bridgewe've stayedsingle roomlovely location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We have visited Oban about 6 times in the past 2 years, an always try and get in to the FoL for some dinner. We usually camp, and im not one for trying to cook with the tiny cooker every night.

The food here is lovely, and homely. Had the lentil soup the other day and it was to die for. Usually opt for
The macaroni and cheese, tastes just like the missus makes, so that's good in my book :)

Service is with a smile (usually) and the girls in the restaurant are lovely and friendly.

Well done, keep it up!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We had a 4day stay at this hotel, the breakfast was very good, I could not get enough of their smoked salmon and scrabble eggs, and a huge portion it were. The bistro a night, you were spoiled for choice in what to choose, my partner and I always had differant meals and neither of us where dissapointed in our choice, in fact we finished up having half of each other because we did not what to miss out on what the other had choosen. The location was just right for us, we drove to Glencoe. ~Fort William, then on to Skye. I know a lot of miles in one day nearly 200, but you can do it. Then another day we got the ferry in Oban to the Isle of Mull then over to Iona, a beautiful day, with plently of time to do it at leisure. Our room was at the back of the hotel over looking the carpark, but a very good in size, the way we looked at it we were out all day, and in the morning the breakfast room is over looking the Loch, so unless you want to stay in your room all day, there is no need for a room with a view. And even though there is a train track at the back we did not hear the trains at night or very early morning. My only tiny gripe was, the bed did need a new matteress I found it did give me backpain, to be fair I do have back trouble, and my partner had no trouble with the bed at all. If the staff cast thier minds back to May this year I was the lady, who got her sausages lose and the staff had to look for them, Thanks for finding them, by the way all the staff could not do enough for you.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madwoman_knowles
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Stayed in Room 35, a Superior Room which has fantastic views and a bed that is so VERY comfy. We return back to this hotel every year and also eat in the bistro every night. The food is always excellent and well presented the only downside is not having any lunch so as to save yourself and have all 3 courses at night!!!!

We have been coming to the Falls for over 10 years now and as always have a thoroughly wonderful stay.

Thank you so much again to all the hard working staff and the two lady owners.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed at the Falls of Lora Hotel for one night.

The staff were friendly although the decor is very dated.

Room was well equipped - had a flat screen TV.

Food in the restaurant was good although there was a cat indoors (sitting at the next table and the staff made no effort whatsoever so remove it) which is very unhygienic.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

If you want a Hilton/Holiday Inn/ Chain hotel then fine, but the blandness of those hotels often leave me dissapointed.
This place is like rewinding time 15-20 years but that it was makes it so great!
Dinner was really good, the restaurant is obviously popular with the locals too.
The wine was a fantastic bargain, and the meal good value.
It's quirky, scottish and comfortable. I really liked it and would love to go back.
A real find!