Lochnell Arms Hotel
bedfinder
US$208
US$180
Toprooms.com
Muthu Alexandra Hotel(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$185
US$130
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssunday carveryloch nellconnel bridgebreakfast includedtop floorpacked lunchon arrivalfriendly hotelthe owneran upgradewonderful viewlambcomfortable roomboth nightsan overnight stayno liftwonderful hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2011

The double room was very clean and had everything a traveller required plus a mega bit more - french doors leading to a private balcony where you could sit and watch the world go by and see the most stunning scenery - more than money can buy! In the morning we watched a duck carefully round up her ducklings and swim off past a heron standing still - just beautiful. Food both in morning and evening - excellent and one of the best things is, that the hotel provides everything essential at whatever pace you require. For the price you pay this hotel is first class - highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I travel a lot, both in the UK and abroad and usually approach a stay in a traditional Scottish hotel with trepidation, expecting poor service, food, room standard and facilities. I only stayed one night at the Lochnell Arms, as I live in Fort William and had a late night business meeting followed by an early start the next day. The owners could not have been more accommodating of my needs, nor could the young woman who booked me in and ran round after me plying me with coffee and good cheer on my arrival past 9pm.

A very unusual feature was the offer of early breakfast. For working people this is so good, I've had many a rammie at hotels all over the highlands with managers who totally refuse to serve breakfast before 8.30.

I recommend the place highly and will take my wife there for a weekend break in the next few months.

Room Tip: Good food, clean bedroom, reasonable price
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank vlbloke
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed at the Lohcnell Arms hotel for one night, in a top floor room with a balcony for a price of £100 per night. The room felt quite average, nicely decorated and with a descent sized bathroom (shower) with a skylight window. TV with wide selection of channels but the wi-fi did not work. The absolute best part of the room was to have our own balcony overlooking the water.
The food in the restaurant was absolutely lovely, I ate a fabulous sesame seed flavoured salmon with fresh veg. They also had many choices on the breakfast menu. The staff were very friendly, and it felt like a family-run hotel with a nice vibe to it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Went to this hotel 2weeks ago and I can say the food was the best I had ever had it was quite at lunch so thought I would try that night had chowder it was great steak was cooked perfect and then had the most specail dessert ever wow the bannofee pie was to die for try it trust me amazing

Reviewed 3 July 2010

Recently planned a surprise 80th Birthday Lunch for our Aunty. The staff were excellent and could not fault them for service and helpfulness.The sunday carvery is great value and catered well for our large party ranging from 5 years to 80 years.Food hot and plentiful-everyone well fed . Thanks Lochnell Arms you met all our expectations. Would recommend to any locals to host a family celebration here. Nothing was a problem-when we arrived they had decorated our lunch area-which was a lovely gesture

• Stayed: June 2010