“Another Fantastic stay at Loch Nell”

Lochnell Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Connel B&B and Inns
scotland
“Another Fantastic stay at Loch Nell”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We went back to the Loch Nell Arms Hotel for a third time and we were not disappointed! We received a lovely welcome from the friendly staff. Our family room had recently been refurbished and had beautiful views. We dined in the restaurant and enjoyed the lovely food and prompt, professional service. We had a fantastic three nights there and will definitely be going back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HaggisMctavish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We had dinner here on the last night of our holiday - a perfect end to a wonderful holiday. We arrived and sat by a lovely open fire before going in to dinner. From our table we had a great view of Loch Etive. The staff were incredibly friendly and made the children feel so welcome (we have 9 year old twin boys). The food was absolutely delicious - the fish was SO fresh. Would HIGHLY recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Friday 15th March 2013
We were staying in Benderloch and my daughter booked a table at the Loch Nell Arms Hotel to celebrate my 50th Birthday, we had a great meal and were pleasantly surprised with the balloons and all the effort the hotel had put in to make our table special for us. Great food , lovely atmosphere with friendly welcoming staff. It was so good we went back on Sunday for the carvery which was fantastic, great value and well worth a visit. Thank you and we will see you the next time we are at Benderloch.

Great views too!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Portree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I am not a "a multi award winning chef myself" like the poster of the last review of this hotel.[Correct name Lochnell Arms Hotel] Neither do I visit hotels in the hope of finding something to complain about. I do, however, travel widely in Scotland and abroad and as a result I have a fair experience of hotels.

Arrived Sunday night and had an excellent dinner - freshly made Cullen Skink followed by very tasty and generous portion of roast ham, boiled and roast potatoes and a selection of vegetables. Breakfast is served from 8am but since I had to leave early to catch the Oban-Tiree flight I was kindly offered breakfast at 7.30. Well done! Enjoyed a well presented plate of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon before climbing to the skies at 8.30 from the wee airport 3 minutes away.For dinner on the second night I enjoyed some succulent Argyll Lamb. All the staff were very friendly, well-mannered and attentive. Great view from the dining-room.

I have dined in many establishments boasting award winning chefs and whilst I could admire the decorative presentation of plates and taste the extra sprinkle of pepper I have often been hungry shortly afterwards. If you like good honest people who obviously enjoy looking after guests and a hotel that serves up good, tasty, wholesome food in generous portions then I highly recommend theLoch Nell Arms Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Portree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I am not a "a multi award winning chef myself" like the poster of the last review of this hotel (posted under Loch Nell Arms Hote)l. Neither do I visit hotels in the hope of finding something to complain about. I do, however, travel widely in Scotland and abroad and as a result I have a fair experience of hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Lothian
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed here for two nights. Location is fantastic - just over the Connel Bridge so you are on the road to either Oban or Fort William. Decide where you want to go in the morning and just turn right or left! Food was excellent - I had the scallops, which were a delight. My room was a double with open patio looking over the bay. I would recommend this room for the views. However, the room is a bit tired and in need of updating. Apart from that, this is a nice wee hotel for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the top of the hotel - excellent views.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Richlinn
Nairn, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2013

As a multi award winning chef myself, I check websites before booking as my partner and I like our food and eat out frequently.After dining here we were very disappointed to say the least.The dishes in their photos obviously were from the hotels past and clearly of a far greater quality than the kitchen now can produce.The company needs to update the website and stop the false advertising as this is very misleading! Even the sample menu suggested far better dishes than the usual steak pie, scampi and 1/2 roast chicken you can get anywhere!!! We wont be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank June P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
#1 of 13 in Oban
Corran House
Corran House
#16 of 93 in Oban

Been to Lochnell Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!