“Lovely break away !”

Ranked #2 of 9 Connel B&B and Inns
Scotland, U.K.
“Lovely break away !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Due to the unusual lovely weather, my husband and I set off on Monday morning for Oban, but it was asusual overcrowded and overbooked, so drove over the Connel Bridge and by accident found this hotel. What a stroke of luck this was, we had a superior room with balcony and the food was excellent. Stayed two night and had dinner and breakfast both days. The staff were all so very friendly and helpful. As I am a Travel Agent myself, I will definately be recommending this hotel to my clients. Prefect location to visit most of the West Coast places of interest.

Room Tip: The Loch Views rooms are well worth any extra money, the views are wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
east kilbride
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Don't understand some of the reviews on this restaurant,this is the third time we have eaten here twice this week and once in November.
We have never been disappointed, staff are very friendly, food is excellent and good value for money.
Would I recommend?? Yes without a problem.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alanmccall
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Just returned yesterday from a three night stay here. Lovely room, we had one of the superior ones. Pity the weather didn't play ball! All of the staff were brilliant from top to bottom! Food was abolutely brilliant, our daughters had paid for our our lunuh on our last day which was a surpirse but very good. It was our anniversary.

We will certainly be back again, hopefuly soon, our thanks especially to Jennifer, Colin, sorry did not catch your other half's name, and the boys on the bar on Friday and Saturday night!

Thank you again.

PS: only one wee complaint: as one non smoker all my life and my other half who quit about seven years ago, check your ashtray on the balcony, bit offputting!

Room Tip: go for a loch facing room!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen T
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

We went back to the Loch Nell Arms Hotel for a third time and we were not disappointed! We received a lovely welcome from the friendly staff. Our family room had recently been refurbished and had beautiful views. We dined in the restaurant and enjoyed the lovely food and prompt, professional service. We had a fantastic three nights there and will definitely be going back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HaggisMctavish
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We had dinner here on the last night of our holiday - a perfect end to a wonderful holiday. We arrived and sat by a lovely open fire before going in to dinner. From our table we had a great view of Loch Etive. The staff were incredibly friendly and made the children feel so welcome (we have 9 year old twin boys). The food was absolutely delicious - the fish was SO fresh. Would HIGHLY recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Friday 15th March 2013
We were staying in Benderloch and my daughter booked a table at the Loch Nell Arms Hotel to celebrate my 50th Birthday, we had a great meal and were pleasantly surprised with the balloons and all the effort the hotel had put in to make our table special for us. Great food , lovely atmosphere with friendly welcoming staff. It was so good we went back on Sunday for the carvery which was fantastic, great value and well worth a visit. Thank you and we will see you the next time we are at Benderloch.

Great views too!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Portree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

I am not a "a multi award winning chef myself" like the poster of the last review of this hotel.[Correct name Lochnell Arms Hotel] Neither do I visit hotels in the hope of finding something to complain about. I do, however, travel widely in Scotland and abroad and as a result I have a fair experience of hotels.

Arrived Sunday night and had an excellent dinner - freshly made Cullen Skink followed by very tasty and generous portion of roast ham, boiled and roast potatoes and a selection of vegetables. Breakfast is served from 8am but since I had to leave early to catch the Oban-Tiree flight I was kindly offered breakfast at 7.30. Well done! Enjoyed a well presented plate of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon before climbing to the skies at 8.30 from the wee airport 3 minutes away.For dinner on the second night I enjoyed some succulent Argyll Lamb. All the staff were very friendly, well-mannered and attentive. Great view from the dining-room.

I have dined in many establishments boasting award winning chefs and whilst I could admire the decorative presentation of plates and taste the extra sprinkle of pepper I have often been hungry shortly afterwards. If you like good honest people who obviously enjoy looking after guests and a hotel that serves up good, tasty, wholesome food in generous portions then I highly recommend theLoch Nell Arms Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
#2 of 13 in Oban
Corran House
Corran House
#14 of 99 in Oban

Been to Lochnell Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!