“Yum yum”

Lochnell Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Connel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just had our lunch at the lochnell arms hotel. First time we have had something to eat in the hotel, I can honestly say we will be back. The new owners, what a lovely couple, they made as feel very welcome, even their son, gave my mum the thumbs up. Haha. My mum had the tomato and basil bruschetta with melted mozzarella cheese, the fish and chips to follow, now normally mum isn't a big eater....but she finished the lot off. Me...well I had the highland mushrooms ....well tasty. Had the steak and ale pie, with chips....had this dish in many places, but there was definitely ale in there..some place you don't even sniff it. I wish Susan and Rudd all the very best in the future, we hope to back again soon. Good luck guys :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I recently visited for an early evening meal. We had enjoyed a meal here when the current owners were just starting out. Once more we were warmly welcomed by our host to a quiet restaurant. He was very attentive, pleasant and had a good sense of humour. Soon the room began to get busy. He remained calm and efficient and was assisted in serving periodically. The food was delicious - however, I feel he could have done with a bit more help in the dining room as our service became a bit slower as the meal progressed. We will be back because it is important to us how staff handle pressure i.e. remain courteous and professional throughout service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a few days in May. The owners, Ruud and Susan, make you feel very welcome. They even thought about the kids by having a playroom for them.
Meals are great with self made chips, loved it. I can really recommend the chocolate marquise as dessert.
My room had a balcony with a beautiful view and the bed slept even better than my bed at home :)
I'll be back next year for sure!

Room Tip: One with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sally N
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I consider myself well travelled in the uk and abroad. In the interests of credibility I've hitchhiked across Europe spending £10 a day and on other occasions frequented 6 star hotels.
Given the budget price bracket of the hotel.
The Loch nell arms hotel is excellent value with superb, attentive, warm, generous and hardworking staff.
If your looking for accommodation in or around Oban. This hotel cannot be overlooked!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Milesr23
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just back from a lovely family meal which we all thoroughly enjoyed! Ruud and Susan couldn't have made us feel anymore welcome! Up in Oban for a weeks holiday and this is our second visit in 5 nights. Will definetly be back!! Will recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank clarki88
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here three years ago and it was fine. Value for money and no real complaints but this most recent visit at Easter was dreadful. The bedroom with the balcony and beautiful view is shabby. Needs loads done to it before it can be described as value for money.
Breakfast was a shambles. No menu on the table. All Bran was the only choice of cereal, milk served in a 4 pint milk carton straight from the Supermarket as was the fruit juice. Bread for toasting in original wrapping paper and some tubs of yogurt. That was it until we were then asked if we would "like something fried?"
No information in bedrooms about meal times or anything else about the Hotel. The place needs loads of money spent on it to bring it up to a semi decent standard. We had three nights away from home and stayed at three different hotels.. This was the most expensive of the three and by far the worst. Meant to stay two night but checked out after one. Very disappointing.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank possum36
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here for two weeks for business, the room was very nice with great loch views from my balcony. The food was amazing and my colleague and I had no desire to eat anywhere else the whole time we stayed. the staff were very friendly and very accommodating. If you want somewhere to stay that's not in the noisy and busy town centre I would recommend the Loch Nell Arms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
Muthu Alexandra Hotel
Corran House
Corran House
#13 of 94 in Oban

Been to Lochnell Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!