“A warm welcome in fantastic surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Strumhor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Connel
Strumhor
Ranked #5 of 9 Connel B&B and Inns
Bristol
“A warm welcome in fantastic surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We'd booked two days sea kayaking with the Seafreedom Kayak company (based at Strumhor) & booked into the B&B for two nights - it was great to step out onto the lawn full of kayaks each morning!

We had the larger room, Lorn which, for a B&B room was lovely and spacious, and the little loungy annex was a welcome little extra. Everything here is thoughtfully laid out & thoughtfully done: the greeting of tea and cake from Olga helped us settle in quickly, and Olga & Tony were most hospitable throughout.

It was a pity to have to leave - other B&Bs have a lot to live up to now!

Room Tip: Get the larger Lorn room if you can: and get out on the kayaks!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
joanna53, Owner at Strumhor, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you so much - this is very kind. Glad you enjoyed it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed at Strumhor with a work colleague of mine in May of this year. We were working nearby and needed a place to stay for 3 nights. The B&B is impeccably clean, the delightful couple who own the place are really approachable and friendly they even gave us a lift to the train station on our last morning. The breakfasts are simply perfect, more than you could ever wish for with a daily special that always looks very appetising, I did succumb and have the smoked salmon soufflé omelette one morning and it was great.
In closing I can not recommend this place enough, just apologise for not getting this review up earlier.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
joanna53, Owner at Strumhor, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Many thanks for this. It was a pleasure to have you. We found it so interesting to learn a little about your work and you were both great guests.
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Just came back from our trip in Scotland and wanted to just write few reviews.
We stayed at the Strumhor only one night...we could have easily spent there a week as the place is without doubt one of the best B and B I have ever stayed in (and I have been in many). The quality of the room is excellent, the breakfast is amazing (i still dream of my eggs with salmon) and the location is superb. The owners are very friendly and helpful, always there when needed.
One of the best bed I have slept in in ages..
Highly recommended...I will be back when in Scotland again..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
joanna53, Manager at Strumhor, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
How very kind! It lovely to meet you both. I hope you can come back again some day and I wish you all the best for your future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We had a lovely stay for two nights at Strumhor. Olga was really kind and helpful, and the situation of the B&B is fantastic - the sunset from the the conservatory is worth seeing! There are loads of useful books and information leaflets etc available. Great choice of breakfast too - enjoyed delicious eggs benedict and smoked salmon scrambled eggs.
The only very minor negative points I would add are that, if you're staying in Morvern, the bathroom is very small, and it is next to the dining room so can be noisy from around 7am. However, it was great value in a lovely place so they still deserve 5 stars! It is pretty easy to find if you follow the instructions and there is off-road parking, which is good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
joanna53, Owner at Strumhor, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Thank you so much for you very kind review. I am so sorry you were disturbed before breakfast. I have been aware of the problem, and having given this some thought, I am going to start breakfast from 8 a.m. except on the few occasions when someone needs to go for an early ferry . Hope to see you again and maybe you can get Lorn, the big room, another time!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed here for a few nights whilst my mum & dad stayed in north leading with their caravan. I just wanted somewhere to have breakfast & sleep but I got so much more than that!!
On arrival I was met by Olga who was very welcoming. I had a quick tour of the house & knew straight away my stay was going to be fab!
I stayed in one of the single rooms upstairs which was a fantastic size & was decorated beautifully, it also had wonderful views over the bay & Connell bridge.
The 2 single rooms upstairs share a bathroom which was exceptionally clean however I also had my own wash hand basin in my room which was handy.
I had breakfast each morning which was fantastic, I would highly recommend the poached eggs!
I felt very at ease staying at Strumhor especially as I was on my own. Olga & her husband are so warm & welcoming & I enjoyed havin my own key to the house where I could come & go as I pleased.
I would highly recommend this B&B. It is exceptional value for money, in my opinion it's probably far too cheap for what you get haha! Absolutely beautiful & worth a visit anytime!

• Stayed July 2011
joanna53, Owner at Strumhor, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, Emma! It was a pleasure to have you here. Thanks too for the advice about the phones!
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Stumhor is a B&B with a difference; the Guest’s Lounge area expands out into an observatory to take advantage of the B&B’s idyllic position overlooking the wide tidal channel of water which flows under the Connel Bridge. The observatory has high quality binoculars and an extensive range of reference books, and Olga welcomed us with complimentary tea, coffee and muffins in the observatory where we could wind down after a long day – we saw a seal and some water birds following their daily pursuits. Our ground floor room was spacious enough for us and had a double bed, a very modern en-suite, heating and free WiFi. Breakfast including home-made bread, and the company were most satisfactory. There was off-street parking on site and a good hotel eatery a short distance away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night whilst doing a trip around Western Scotland - fortunately we got in after a last minute cancellation . The welcome from Olga was great - tea and lemon cake on arrival, the view from the sunroom over the falls beautiful, lots of books to borrow and read and a beautiful lounge to relax in. Our room was the smaller double room but clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic , such a choice and the owners very friendly. Would recommend it to anyone travelling in that area and hope to go back there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
#1 of 9 in Connel
Lochnell Arms Hotel
Lochnell Arms Hotel
#2 of 9 in Connel

Been to Strumhor? Share your experiences!