“Perfect interior, perfect host, perfect weekend!”
Review of Grove House

and 1 more site!
Grove House
Ranked #1 of 8 Connel B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect interior, perfect host, perfect weekend!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Came to Grove House with my other half Friday and Saturday night which became the most perfect time away we could have hoped for. We spend a lot of time travelling and experience most city hotels but wanted something different for a change. Now I have slight OCD when it comes to where i rest my eyes and from the moment we checked in you could get that sense of home. The host Karen was outstanding with service and friendliness. She personally led us straight to our room number 3 and showed us around. This is service you don't get in a hotel, shown way to elevator if lucky. The room was so romantic, the cleanest :) stunning interior, lovely ensuite, my smile was getting bigger the longer I was spending there. Breakfast was bon appetite, set you up for experiencing the breathtaking Scottish coasts we have, Karen was also amazing at helping us plan our days right up till our drive home. I will be back here again and could not boast how much you should try here!

KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay in our large deluxe suite.

I was most pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of many of the little extras that we like to offer our guests during a stay.

I look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My partner and I recently booked a 2 night stay in Grove House and ventured up mostly into the unknown as we often avoided guest houses and opted for hotel stays on trips way. Well I can say I was truly bowled over by my experience. Grove House is an immaculately presented lodging with the entire place tastefully decorated with lovely furnishings and decor. And if this was not enough we walked into the most exquisite host we could have hoped for as owner Karen went right out of her way to make us feel welcome and at home. All good so far. The next morning it got even better when we sat down to the gourmet breakfast, quite possibly the best cooked breakfast I have ever sat down to! After this Karen took time to help us plan our itinery and ensured we had a fantastic 2 days in and around Oban. First class and highly recommended and one place we will definitely return to!

Room Tip: We had the beautifully decorated love theme room. Spotless and comfortable.
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your review on your 2 night stay with us at Grove House.

I was was delighted to read that you were pleased with your stay, and that the gourmet breakfast went down well.

I do hope that it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you both back for another stay.
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Grove House on 26/10/13 for one night. We were greeted by the lovely hostess Karen who made us feel very welcome, Karen showed us to our room(which was a suite) it had recently been re-furbished, it also had a lovely bathroom, the room was tastefully decorated and very spacious(which I love) (fab!!) and spotless too...
We had water, tea, coffee and excellent hot chocolate in our room, which was brilliant.
The choice for breakfast was amazing!! I've never seen such a choice from a B and B!! all these extra touches are magic !!! Ab Fab!!
In the evening Karen called us a cab, which was helpful as we were going to Ee-usk in Oban for dinner.
We had a great time at Grove House Karen, thanks again,we could have stayed another night or two!! but we will return soon.
Allison and Alex.

Alison and Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you liked the design and style of our newly decorated bedrooms, and that our gourmet breakfast went down well too.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked Grove House for 2 nights for us both. His gran lived in Connel and it was a lovely wee place with lots of memories of the times he spent there when he was younger.
We both had a relaxing few days, made very comfortable by Karen, who made a point of making sure we had everything we needed. Our room and ensuite bathroom were ideal. Decor, soft furnishings and a comfortable bed were all of a high standard. Free Wifi and tea or coffee helps to make Our breakfast was excellent, especially the full Scottish and the homemade fruit smoothie. We highly recommend Grove House as a perfect base for exploring the area.
Karen was very friendly and passionate about her business. We are looking forward to better weather the next time we visit, although the rain doesn't stop you!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us at Grove House.

I was pleased to read that you liked the style of our newly decorated bedrooms , and that our extensive gourmet breakfast went down well too.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back for another stay in the not too distant future.

Lets hope that on your next visit the weather will be kinder to you !
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in October and from the moment Karen opened the door we were met with a warm welcome, it was like visiting an old friend even though we had never met before. Our room was very comfortable and had everything we could possibly need. The en suite was a good size with wonderful fluffy towels and bathrobes all presented beautifully. We have never had so much choice at a guest house for breakfast as there is here. Everything was cooked to perfection and we met some really lovely people at the breakfast table. Karen works tirelessly to make sure everyone is well looked after and comfortable and her attention to detail every day is outstanding. We will certainly look to stay there again whenever we are in the Oban area and can highly recommend Grove House. Thank you Karen for making our stay so relaxing.

Alison,

Many thanks for your lovely review on your 4 night stay with us at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you liked many aspects of our place from the executive room with its large en suite to the extensive gourmet breakfast.

It was a delight to meet you both, and to chat to you during your stay.

I do hope that it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you both back again for another visit.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Had a fantastic stay with husband and 3 kids. Lovely glass of wine for mum and dad as we arrived (much appreciated!). Rooms very clean and had some lovely touches. Breakfast time was fantastic, wide range of choices and all delicious. First time kids stayed in a B&B and they loved it. Karen is lovely and very friendly. Great host (kids will now expect this breakfast every day now!) and nothing too much trouble. Would recommend anyone to stay here as you wouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that the glass of Chardonnay served upon arrival went down rather well.

May I say that it was an absolute delight to have your lovely children stay with us. Their manners were fabulous , it was a pleasure to serve them in the morning.

I look forward to welcoming you all back for another visit next time you come back to Connel to visit your family who stay in the village.
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Looking to de-stress for a couple of days, we stayed for 2 nights at the end of September and got exactly what we were looking for. A warm, friendly welcome, cosy and comfortable bedroom with lovely new and modern en suite, enough breakfast options to suit the fussiest of eaters and a perfect location for exploring the beautiful countryside and mountains. Great value for money. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Audrey,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us.

I was most pleased to read that you liked the design and style of our place, and that you found your little break to rather relaxing for you.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you both back for another visit in the not too distant future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
#7 of 13 in Oban
Ardtorna B&B
Ardtorna B&B
#1 of 3 in Barcaldine

Been to Grove House? Share your experiences!