“Lovely room and upgrade!”
Review of Grove House

and 1 more site!
Grove House
Ranked #1 of 8 Connel B&B and Inns
Scotland
“Lovely room and upgrade!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Connel B&B is very nice. It's modern and it's clean. When we booked we got an upgraded to the big room which was great. Breakfast was nice. The staff are friendly and helpful. Streets are a bit small outside but I had no bother getting a parking space. Close to Oban if you drive and lots to see near by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Grove House.

I was delighted to read that you liked the design and style of the property.
Our large 27sqm suite with its large bathroom with a deep bath and shower has proved to be extremely popular this season.
Great that you enjoyed staying in this room.

I do look forward to perhaps welcoming you back for another stay in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Scotland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed two nights in mid May at Grove House and couldn't believe our luck. After we booked we realised that Karen and Sean, who own Ardtorna also own Grove. Anyone who hasn't stayed at Ardtorna are missing out on a must-do! Check out their website and glowing awards.

We had originally planned to stay in Oban but it was very busy - and weren't we lucky! Connel is a bonnie place where you can watch the sun set into the ocean. The weather was warm and so was the welcome! Karen brings many of the special touches they have at Ardtorna, to Grove.

Rooms were immaculate and spotlessly clean. Fluffy white towels and bathrobes to pamper yourselves after exploring the many delights of the area. Safety deposit and fridge - how many bed and breakfasts provide these thoughtful touches.

Another delight awaits you in the morning - breakfasts are excellent! Home made smoothies, Grove House speciality yummmm!!! Check the menu on the website - speaks for itself. And Karen is on hand to attend to your every need, multi-tasking with ease - chatting and cooking. It's so relaxed, like sitting round the family breakfast table, chatting with Karen and the other guests from near and far.

So, if you are looking for somewhere to stay, with easy access to Oban, but without the crowds, and with that special touch; Grove House is the place for you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us at Grove House.

May I say that it was lovely to see you both again after your stay the previous year at our sister property Ardtorna.

We do hope to see you both again in the not too distant future.
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My name is Gaz

I just organised a trip up to Scotland for myself and four of my friends from India, who work here in the U.K. as I.T. specialists. We stayed in the Grove House B&B and 2 other hotels.

Although the Grove House was a little more expensive than the further 2 hotels, the B&B was leaps and bounds ahead in terms of comfort, finishing touches, cleanliness and fixtures and fittings that are all working and in excellent condition.

Fixtures: Bathroom suites are in perfect condition and working order, and totally clean with a paper seal on the toilet seat showing that it has not been used between cleaning and letting. Toiletries are provided with a heated towel rail and there are his and hers bathrobes which we did not see in any of the other hotels. You will even find a bow around face cloths with soap as a finishing touch.

The beds were very comfortable, and like the bathroom, absolutely spotlessly clean. The bedding, especially the pillows were made for sleep. I stay in many hotels around the U.K. and I can't point out strongly enough, the number of times I am unable to sleep because the beds are not comfortable, particularly the pillows. However, following a 378 mile drive to Oban, I had undisturbed sleep, waking refreshed. I cannot say the same for the other 2 hotels.

The rooms are equipped well; they have everything that you would expect a hotel room to have and in addition to tea and coffee, there was spring water provided without further charge. In one of the other hotels, spring water was provided in the room with a note informing guests that a further £3.95 would be added to the bill if used.

The Décor of the rooms is both warm and relaxing completing the picture of what should be considered great value for money, but it doesn't end there. I received a phone call before our visit, to ask about any special requirements and to take a breakfast order from the on-line menu. I was also made aware of check-in times. Since we were not able to make the usual timings, special arrangements were made to accommodate my group.

If you search on the internet for cheapest rooms, you will get what you ask for and ultimately that is what you feel that you deserve. So if you feel that you only deserve cheap, poorly managed and maintained hotel rooms then search for cheapest.

However, if you have any self esteem at all, pay the difference and only book places like
Grove House. I wish the owners of Grove House could show other hoteliers,how it is done.
Thank You Grove House for beginning a truly memorable visit to Scotland for myself and my friends.

Kindest Regards
Gaz

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank 636Gaz
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us.

I was rather [pleased to read that you liked many of the little extras that we like to offer our guests during a stay.

May I say that it was a delight to meet you all, and I do hope that you will manage another trip back in the not too distant future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We came on a family short stay and were delighted with the welcome we received. it was like visiting friends for the weekend. The rooms were warm and comfortable with the little touches that made it feel like home. The breakfast was second to none with such choice - homemade smoothies, salmon as well as traditional cereal and cooked fare as well as some more unique but delicious options. It was hard to choose what we wanted and difficult to say goodbye at the end of our stay. We would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for going to the trouble of reviewing your stay at Grove House.

May I say I was most pleased that you liked the style of our newly decorated bedrooms and bathrooms, and that our gourmet breakfast went down well too.

It was a delight to meet you both and to chat to you during your stay.
I do look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We both had an amazing time here, we were made to feel very welcome by Karen. Our room was perfect with a lovely comfortable bed, nice deep bath to relax in ......not always available in B&B's. There was a large choice for breakfast I would definitely recommend House Special !!! It's a secret..............wait & see.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your 2 night stay with us while celebrating your birthday.

I was delighted to read that you liked our newly decorated bathroom with its super deep tub.

Many thanks for your kind words with regards to our gourmet breakfast. The Speciality dish is rather unusual, and very popular at the same time.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back for another stay either with us at Grove House our our sister property Ardtorna .
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had an excellent stay in this Guest House. There was a very warm welcome, the room was immaculate with high quality linens etc. It deserves its 4 ****.
The breakfast was exceptional, a fresh smoothie, not too sweet and a great choice of mains and cereals/yogurts.
What a shame it is being sold. I hope a great couple take the opportunity to buy it and continue the established tradition and quality.

Room Tip: Any room is good!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Liz,

Many thanks for your lovely review .

I was most pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back for another stay . If not at Grove House, perhaps at our sister property ' Ardtorna '
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Came to Grove House with my other half Friday and Saturday night which became the most perfect time away we could have hoped for. We spend a lot of time travelling and experience most city hotels but wanted something different for a change. Now I have slight OCD when it comes to where i rest my eyes and from the moment we checked in you could get that sense of home. The host Karen was outstanding with service and friendliness. She personally led us straight to our room number 3 and showed us around. This is service you don't get in a hotel, shown way to elevator if lucky. The room was so romantic, the cleanest :) stunning interior, lovely ensuite, my smile was getting bigger the longer I was spending there. Breakfast was bon appetite, set you up for experiencing the breathtaking Scottish coasts we have, Karen was also amazing at helping us plan our days right up till our drive home. I will be back here again and could not boast how much you should try here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
KarenOby, Owner at Grove House, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay in our large deluxe suite.

I was most pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of many of the little extras that we like to offer our guests during a stay.

I look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connel
Falls Of Lora
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,697 reviews
Corran House
Corran House
#16 of 93 in Oban

Been to Grove House? Share your experiences!