“close to valrhona factory”

Hotel Pavillon de l'Ermitage
Denpasar, Indonesia
“close to valrhona factory”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had my business tour last year and one of the destination is valrhona factory. It's a well-known chocolate so everyone is keen to go. We choose this hotel because it's close to valrhona chocolate factory. I think we need around 15 minutes to go there by car. It suppose to be close with valrhona school and the chocolate museum. If you want to go to Lyon, the city, it's only need an hour by car. The location is not in a busy road so you can sleep well. The breakfast is nice. Breakfast a la french with bread, vinnoiserries, etc. I like it, so authentic. The hotel is bit old but clean. They have swimming pool but seems nobody wants to use it during autumn. In general, the hotel is lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lady_dee79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My buddy and I stayed here for one night on our way from Germany to Spain. We were happy we did.

The hotel is situated within 4 blocks of the square, where restaurants and wine tasting establishments reign. There is a foot bridge across the Rhone nearby, giving you easy access to Tournon sur Rhone and a bunch of restaurants and bars.

The room itself was clean, neat, comfortable, and plenty large. We did something I seldom do, have dinner in the hotel where we were staying. After looking at menus all over town, we decided the best one was this hotel. The food was pricey and the portions small, but it was excellent fare. Absolutely no complaints about my beef cheeks.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mirfield, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have just had a five night stay with a group in a wine tour of the area. Our room/bathroom, on the first floor road side, was very comfortable although not overly large. It was spotlessly clean, linen and towels changed frequently, and being at the end of the corridor we had no internal noise. Leaving the window open for air did allow street noise to come in but it wasn't a major issue. Evidently the tea/coffee tray was a 'welcome pack' so was not replaced, maybe o k for one or two nights but surely not for five. The breakfast was fine as far as we were concerned but shortage of staff, I would guess a hotel policy, meant that items and crockery were not speedily replaced but the quality and variety were good. We ate twice in the hotel on an evening and found the food and service o k but that may have been more about us being wine tasting weary than the food quality. My main concern is that the hotel have a poor system for billing of extras. It may work for them but I would advise anyone wishing to charge extras to keep a record of what and when they have charged items. No one is asked to sign and given a copy of the docket which meant quite a few 'queries' having to be resolved on a busy morning check out. Our closest friends had a significant meal charge on their room on an evening when we ate out in the town. Yes it was removed and I guess not able to be recharged as the 'bill' just had a hand written room number on it. It was our friends room number but certainly not their cost. The hotel did just remove the charge but the system needs improving. I can't comment on value for money as it was part of a package so I don't know what we paid per room but I would stay again, purely for the situation and cleanliness. An extra member of staff on breakfast duty and in the bar would make so much difference to the quality of service offered.

Room Tip: Suggest at the back overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank James B
Hrusice, Czech
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very friendly, familiar hotel with small balcony in the rooms and blue clean pool for relaxing after climbing the vineyards and tasting all the great Rhône wines!
Highly recommendable accommodation, own parking palce. Very well placed opposite to the Chapoutier Visitors Centre and only few meters from the Valrhona Chocolate Museum.
The breakfasts are very French, means light.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Hotel Pavillon De L'Ermitage

I stayed at the Hotel Pavillon De L’Ermitage and didn’t spend much time in the Hotel because of training the hotel is located central with a small supermarket down the road 8 bakerys in town and many small great restaurants around the area the Room was clean but a bit hot. Open the window and it fixed the problem the Breakfast was great. the Baguette had I very nice fermentation and full of flavor from a artisan bakery and local pastries was very different from the busy Paris good the quince Jam they had was properly one of the best I ever had out from a small room service jar style. The internet connection is quite slow and if you are on your IPad or any other tablet then if you close you have to start all over again but for some reason the place reminded me of the British television series Fawlty Towers
But classic great hotel will stay there aging for sure

Room Tip: have a room wich faces towards the pool area and away the busy street and morning noise
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed at the Hotel 8/6/13 and didnt spend much time in the Hotel. Room was clean but a bit hot. Breakfast was good but some items out by the time I got down at 7.30am. Nothing wrong with the place no real interaction by staff. I think its a serviceable hotel well priced for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Late booking on referal from tourist office and was well worth it
Out of season but village busy
Lovely large,recently redecorated room with en suite big enough for small family!!!!
Dog more than welcome in the room which over looked the swimming pool
Secure private car park
Late bar
Restaurant smelt excellant though we did not eat ther- big mistake

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank haigh48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tain-l'Hermitage
Hotel Le Castel
#3 of 3 in Tournon-sur-Rhone
L'Abricotine
L'Abricotine
#1 of 1 in Mercurol

Been to Hotel Pavillon de l'Ermitage? Share your experiences!