“The view, The location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Les 2 Coteaux

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tain-l'Hermitage
Hotel Les 2 Coteaux
Helsinki
“The view, The location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have to praise this place! It´s located perfectly right next to "Pount de Tournont", the room was recently renovated including the bathroom and it was comfortably spacious. Besides, we had couple of small balconies (check the night time photo!) Decent breakfast was served at morning.

Couple of notices though: The gentleman at the reception did not speak a word of English. Some rooms appeared to be smaller than ours and some don´t have the view towards the river.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with the view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sturminster Newton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

What a gem, immaculate, exceptionally clean and well appointed in a great location. Our room had a lovely little balcony overlooking the street. Rooms overlooking the river are available but were fully booked due to the annual festival taking place. Great attention to detail and excellent value for money I highly recomend it (stayed 15th July 2012)

Room Tip: No pool or evening restaurant therefore Not applicable to review criteria
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
S E England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

This hotel is in an amazing location on a quiet road right beside the footbridge which crosses the Rhone to Tournon. The rooms were immaculately clean, simply decorated and air-conditioned. I recommend Room 16 as it had a wonderful view, not only of the river, but also of Tournon and the hills above. Breakfast was served on the first floor balcony overlooking the river. It was buffet style and included cereals, yoghurts, seasonal fresh fruits, croissants etc, cheeses, coffee and a variety of teas. I stayed there in late May and the tariff was exceptionally good value for the quality. The only downside was the lack of a lift!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SamCrete
Lund
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at this small hotel for three nights during a wine trip to France. Having read favourable opinions of it on tripadvisor, we had great expectations and we were not disappointed!

The location is absoutely lovely, just by the river Rhône with a magnificent view of the bridge to Tournons and the hills beyond. In fact, we didn't draw the curtains at night, because it was so nice to be able to lie in bed and look at this view.

The rooms was pleasant with a small but nice bathroom. The beds were good, maybe a bit on the hard side.

Breakfast was perhaps not the very best I have had, but for France it was good - cereals, yoghurt, lots of fresh fruits, bread, eggs, juice etc.

Our french is not good and the proprietors didn't speak English at all, but we managed to make ourselves undestood and they were friendly and helpful.

Nearby they had a garage that was closed at night for the car, which was good.

All in all it was very good value for our money and I would absolutely stay there again if ever in the region. I would, however, advise to try and get a room with a view of the Rhône, and not one facing the street.

There was not elevator and the stairs might be a bit difficult to negotiate if you are elderly and with heavy luggage.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ibhLund
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

This charming little hotel was recommended by a local French friend of mine and like many reviewers mentioned, it is located right in front of the Rhone river with a stunning view. Having said that, you have to note that not all the rooms face the river and we were lucky enough to be assigned Room#17. We noticed on the day of check-out that since all the room doors were opened for cleaning, some rooms do not have any view facing the back and the sizes are not the same. Although the size is not big, it is adequate and the bathroom is nice, room is clean and with a small balcony where you can enjoy the river view. The air-con is also working well (freezing cold) and it's imortant for us Asians as we are used to cold air-con. However, we noticed that it kepy switching off by itself in the middle of the night and probably this was fixed by the hotel (although we were not sure). The photos posted on the hotel website are exactly what they looked like so you can trust them. I'm not sure whether you can request for a river view room when you make the booking but this is something VERY important if you expect a room with a view!!! The hotel website does not allow you to confirm the booking and they will only email you back after you made the request, so be sure to ask for a room with a view!! The location is also excellent and close to both the old and new town, and the many restaurants and bars across the river (hotel). The owner does not speak much English though but luckily, our French is good enough to communicate. The one who cleaned our room took away our 2 wine glasses and when we reported it, they sent them back to the room from their restaurant (they probably thought they belonged to the hotel).
One thing to note is that they will not clean your room after 1:00 pm cos I think only the owner and another person were working. For wi-fi, they will give you a printed paper from their computer with a logon code which we found a little inconvenient.
For what we paid (Euro 70.00 net per night during high season), we have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to someone looking to stay in a small charming inn (with only 17 rooms I think) with excellent location and view. Good value for money!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JimmyinChina
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was a great surprise during our trip. The rooms might have been a bit small but everything was uber clean and the bathrooms seemed brand new. The owners were charming and very helpful. The value for money here is quite remarkable. I would recommend to all

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CearlaUS
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Much to my chagrin, I was booked into this simple hotel that I thought was beneath me, however, from the moment I arrived I was completely under it's spell. It's a simple inn, but what it lacks for in luxury it makes up for in scenery and charm. My room was very spacious, particularly for a European hotel, and had the most adorable French doors that opened up to a petite balcony that overlooked the Rhone river, and when I say overlooked, I mean I could have thrown something into the river if I wanted to. I slept the entire three days with my doors open, listening to the wind in the trees and the river flowing! Delightful!

My room had been updated in a few areas - tiled bathroom and shower, flatscreen tv, but was fairly simple with little decoration, and nice hard wood floors. Common areas were the same way, but breakfast was exceptional, better than the rest of the breakfasts on my whole trip which included stays in four star hotels at $300/night. Breakfast included: croissants, assorted pastries, baguettes, cheeses, cereal, dried fruits, cannelles, pancakes, syrups, nutella, madeleines, etc. The breakfast room sat on a room/patio overlooking the Rhone and the bridge.

A great restaurant for dinner is just across the street. WIFI that worked in the room too! Would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Make sure to get breakfast!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank johnwatersfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tain-l'Hermitage
Hotel Le Castel
#3 of 3 in Tournon-sur-Rhone
L'Abricotine
L'Abricotine
#1 of 1 in Mercurol

Been to Hotel Les 2 Coteaux? Share your experiences!