“excellent.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tain-l'Hermitage
Hotel Les 2 Coteaux
Reviewed 27 June 2013

do yourself a favour. stay here during the summer. ask for room 4 which has it own balcony looking out over the rhone river at the footbridge. grab some food and have a late evening meal. romantic, beautiful. lovely modern room/bathroom. friendly staff.

Room Tip: room 4 - excellent balcony and view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Hotel Les 2 Coteaux (where my husband and I stayed last month) has a wonderful location, right on the Rhone River. The view from our window was vineyards, the river, and an adorable pedestrian bridge that connects Tain l'Hermitage to its twin city Touron-sur-Rhone. The bridge came in very handy to walk over and check out Touron. The proprietor was a lovely woman (we never met her husband) who was very kind and helpful. We decided to have a "picnic" dinner, and she was gracious enough to allow us to sit on their terrace during sunset. She provided us with nice wine glasses for the bottle of wine we had purchased and made very sure we were comfortable. We wanted to stay for 2 nights, but there was only availability for one. I can understand why, as it's a great hotel. Be sure to book early. I know that I will next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here as we drove up the Rhone River to see its famous wine towns, none of which is more famous than Tain l'Hermitage. Our appeared to be recently renovated and decorated in light woods and soothing colors. The room was thoughtfully designed to maximize the available space. Two large windows looked out onto the Rhone River and the nice pedestrian bridge that connects Tain l'Hermitage to Tournon. Make sure to ask for a room that has a Rhone view. One may be available. The breakfast buffet was very nice. The innkeepers were a husband and wife team who were very nice people who treated us so nicely. They would make great neighbors. We really felt at home. If you are in Tain l'Hermitage in order to visit the winemakers there, this is the perfect place to stay. We had a rental car and just left it in a public parking lot by the train station. The hotel also offers indoor parking a short distance from the hotel. This hotel represents a great travel value. I am not sure if Rick Steves has found this one yet but I am proud if I beat him to it.

Room Tip: Rhone view rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigBrion
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been staying at this hotel on a regular basis for 6 years. A family owned and managed business. I simply enjoy the atmosphere of this place as well as the great hospitality and service offered by the owners.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pierre C
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had a room facing the wine yards. The hotel was located in the middle of town down by the Rhone river. It is small, clean and friendly. Parking in their garage close by. Its bed and breakfast. A very nice breakfast room.

Room Tip: I would choose a room facing the rhone river with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelprOfessiOnal30
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Hotel has a great location if you're staying in Tain-L'Hermitage. You're right on the Rhone river and beside the foot bridge to Tournon. There's an excellent restaurant right next door as well. Easy walk to Paul Jaboulet Vineum, Valhrona chocolate, or Caves de Tain. We went to Tain-L'Hermitage specifically to go to Paul Jaboulet. We were there on a Sunday so unfortunately Valhrona was closed. We were lucky enough to get a room that looked out on the Rhone and I couldn't think of a more romantic setting. Reserving our room was the most difficult of all our reservations in France as I could not find any booking agency used by the hotel and everything was done via e-mail in French, thankfully I had enough to get by. We had to park the car on the street but there seemed to be plenty of space right near the hotel to do so and seemed pretty safe. In the end the extra effort to book this hotel was worth it. Oh...as other reviews mentioned, don't try to check in before 4pm.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winterpoggers
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed in wintertime for probably the 6th or 7th time and as always we were very satisfied with our stay. The owners ( a couple) are very friendly and helpful!
It is a 2 star hotel, but you will get more than expected. The rooms are very well kept and you will find everything you need. Beds very good. Most of the rooms have a very beautiful view at the vineyards and Rhone river. Rooms are not so very well isolated, sometimes you can hear other guests a bit. The hotel is very well situated and you will find nice restaurants such as Le Chaudron ( bistro with very nice winelist) and Le Mangevins ( very small ,delicate food) in the neighbourhood. Also recommended: Maison Chapoutier for a winetasting of great wines ( friendly people).

Room Tip: Ask for Rhone-view rooms. If you don't like to take too many steps, ask for 1th floor rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank elena52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tain-l'Hermitage
Hotel Le Castel
#3 of 3 in Tournon-sur-Rhone
du Chateau
du Chateau
#1 of 4 in Tournon

Been to Hotel Les 2 Coteaux? Share your experiences!