“Don't bother”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mundaring
Travellers Rest Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mundaring
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Overpriced and very poor service. There is a hole in a window and they just want your money and make no attempt to offer any kind of service.
Even the coffee that's supplied is the cheapest crap you can get and no tv signal and the shower leaked int the room.
The bin wasn't even cleaned out from the previous occupants.
If you can't get anything else than it will do but that's all.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Travelaaaa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Western Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

It was the only place I could find to stay. I had a unit and it had all the basics. It was cold until I worked out where the air con remote was. I have to admit I found the lack of office and the "window" a bit weird. Certainly could be more welcoming. It was a bed for the night and an uncomfortable one at that. But a spacious unit all the same.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Makka10

Travellers are raving about these Mundaring hotels

Fremantle
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Very pleasant stay, good value. Room was clean yet basic with all that was needed. Set in the beautiful hills overlooking Perth,quiet and relaxing. Our hosts were friendly and helpful. Recommend a day trip to the Mundaring Weir the flora and bush at this time of the year was truly magical.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rob G
Perth Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Ever had that feeling of being unwelcome. Well this is the place that makes "Bates Motel" in the movie Psycho look welcoming..!

Normally I'm very careful with reviews, travelling alot I know its easy to become cynical and negative in reviews and I try to avoid this and focus on the positives and only highlight the negatives in cases where things are truly of poor quality. this is one of those (fortunately) rare cases.

Booked the place over the web whilst staying in Mundaring for the weekend. Drove up to the the reception (if thats what you can call it). It was a shuttered window with and iron grill. After ringing the bell several times a hand poked out of a small hatch in the grill and demanded my credit card and reservation. After which once I'd signed the reciept the hand pushed out a key and room number. No attempt was made at discussion, civility or any offers to show me the room. A look inside the room showed it to be clean and functional but definately totally lacking in any kind of charm or warmth whatsoever. Now if i was on the Reeperbahn in Hamburgs red light district this might not have been so bad, but Mundaring is a charming old world type of town on the fringes of Perth set in a beautiful Jarra Forest and to some extent relies on weekend tourists visiting the hills.

By now my wife was clearly disturbed by the whole thing so we returned to the reception hatch and asked to cancel our booking and were told by the person behind the iron grill that this was not possible. I pointed out that we had not been offered to view the room prior to paying and that the total lack of atmosphere and perfunctory (to the point of rudeness) greeting was most unsettling. Anyway rather than argue the point (they charged my credit card by the way) we left rather than have an uncomfortable night in a creepy hotel. We eventually stayed at the cheaper and far more friendly Mundaring Pub (hotel). I relayed my experience to the lady at the Mundaring tourist office the following morning and she concurred with our opinion.

So the long and short of it is avoid at all costs, the Pub is far better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Peter_Perth
Albany, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2011

You'll love it if you're a smoker. There's the stale aroma of cigarette smoke in the office to greet you on arrival and a month's old butts in the ashtrays outside each room's door. Better than allowing smoking in the rooms, but why not empty the ashtrays daily? Cheap furnishing and finishing, but clean. Nice bush setting away from the road.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Beezerbax
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I generally have bad impressions of Motels and booked this preparing for the worst since it was the most convenient to where I was heading and I only needed one night. However I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms and surrounding areas were clean and fairly spacious, it was also quiet probably because it is some distance away from Mundaring town centre yet close enough. There was also a microwave in the room which motels usually provide a common shared one if they had one at all.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Western Oz
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We had an appointment in Perth but wanted to stay on the East of the city a bit so we could get a head start on the drive home. There were two adults and two boys under 5. This is like a motel set in some grounds just off the Great Eastern Highway. We were on a budget so got the overnight room, Double and single bed with a microwave, fridge and kettle in one room, it was en-suite.
It takes less than 40 minutes to get right in to the city centre of Perth. The room was spotless and when we arrived at after 11pm it was no problem. Plenty complimentary tea coffee and milk. There is nice BBQ area in the middle of the complex which would be great in Summer. For anything more that one or two nights we would get the bigger family (I think) room. Mundaring is a nice spot and you would have plenty of food /drink places for all budgets nearby. I wouldn't stay in Perth again unless money was no object and would recommend this place to anyone who wants a base or needs a bit of space in the evening.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Redcan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mundaring
Hidden Valley Eco Lodges
#1 of 1 in Middle Swan
Rosebridge House Bed & Breakfast
Rosebridge House Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 5 in Gooseberry Hill

Been to Travellers Rest Motel? Share your experiences!